Castleford tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Castleford tonight

Post by cpwigan »

One cannot doubt Smith for effort but largely he is simply someone there to pass the ball on. Rarely, does he throw the 'money' pass or make some amazing run.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Mike wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Ours were not exactly without doubt either. I would have disallowed the one from the Mossop pass. It matters not, the result will be there on Monday.
Same old story though, in the speed and moment of the game forward passes are difficult to call and cannot be referred to VR, knock ons can!!
I doubt anything was referred to the video ref last night.
Ironically Mike, I think (only think because it's a big call) that we should do away with VR and live and die by the decision on the pitch as more often than not VR can cause even more controversy!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

I enjoyed the match on Friday. I enjoy going with my Dad and, usually, my boy. The family and community aspect is important to me. Of course, I want to win and see a good game. I loved going to CP and all the away games when I was young in the 1980s. The atmosphere was great and we were lucky to have the big name players. It's a shame my son doesn't experience that.

I agree with the posters who said that Cas were never on side. And Luke Gale was faking and playing up to Bentham. Very annoying.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A message for anyone who finds negatives in all circumstances from someone who may well be your hero:

"My capacity for happiness, you could fit into a matchbox without taking out the matches first” –Marvin the Paranoid Android, Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy.

"Cheer up" they said "Things could be worse."
So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got worse!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

When you have John Bateman in your team you always have a chance regardless of the team you put out . Words cant't describe how good this lad is . He was blowing out of his backside after an hour but never took a backward step and got better as the game went on . Unbelievable performance tonight .But there again no more than you would expect from this lad he is "THAT GOOD"

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:When you have John Bateman in your team you always have a chance regardless of the team you put out . Words cant't describe how good this lad is . He was blowing out of his backside after an hour but never took a backward step and got better as the game went on . Unbelievable performance tonight .But there again no more than you would expect from this lad he is "THAT GOOD"

Regards , EW
I think so too EW. I can't wait for the game to start to watch him play, he IS THAT GOOD!

Best signing from Bradford since Hanley ????????

When Lockers finally retires, I will have to break my promise to McIlorum cos it will be Bateman on the back of my shirt ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote:
EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:When you have John Bateman in your team you always have a chance regardless of the team you put out . Words cant't describe how good this lad is . He was blowing out of his backside after an hour but never took a backward step and got better as the game went on . Unbelievable performance tonight .But there again no more than you would expect from this lad he is "THAT GOOD"

Regards , EW
I think so too EW. I can't wait for the game to start to watch him play, he IS THAT GOOD!

When Lockers finally retires, I will have to break my promise to McIlorum cos it will be Bateman on the back of my shirt ????????
If your having Bateman on your shirt Josie.I think it will have to be a aussie one.

:(
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Regards , EW

If your having Bateman on your shirt Josie.I think it will have to be a aussie one.

:(
I really hope not :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Me too Josie. But mr Lenegan is a master of asset stripping
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Me too Josie. But mr Lenegan is a master of asset stripping
So glad the word asset was in that sentence! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett