O’Loughlin has ‘remote chance’ of playing in Grand Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: O’Loughlin has ‘remote chance’ of playing in Grand Final

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think Shorrocks will be a great player for a long time for us, but the last 2 weeks have shown that he is too much of a risk in the defensive line against the big lads. 20 minutes from Lockers, nothing fancy, job done.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We are not planning on him winning the game for us, we just need him to be able to tackle big men better than Shorrocks for 20 minutes.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:We are not planning on him winning the game for us, we just need him to be able to tackle big men better than Shorrocks for 20 minutes.
Shorrocks got exposed by HULL FC down the middle but its too much of a risk for Lockers to play if not fit. He goes down in his first spell game is more or less gone. If Powell goes then its game over.
Rochdale Warrior

Post by Rochdale Warrior »

None of us know , we must trust the coaching staff and Lockers , if in fact he plays for me that will be a massive bonus , fingers crossed from me , Jake if you miss out tomorrow your time will come big future ahead you are still part of the squad.
Let's see what happens
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

If he has trained all week its a very good sign that he is fine!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OJ

Post by OJ »

According to warrington guardian he's in the squad

http://m.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport ... te_change/
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
mickw wrote:Whatever way you look at it he can't possibly be fit, he's definitely not match fit and if true would seem to be a very selfish decision and not one for the good of the team.
No way is it a selfish decision. If O'Loughlin didn't think he could make it he wouldn't. As I said earlier in the week, if he's fit he plays. Shorocks is a good young player, but in the last couple of weeks the intensity has dropped when he has come on. I'd rather have 20 minutes of Lockers than 20 minutes of Shorrocks. I'm sure Mark Bitcon will be well aware of how many minutes Lockers can play if necessary and they will manage that game time
Of course it is selfish and in the same circumstances every player would act the same. The key is for coaches to make the decision as players will always say they are fit, just like Lockers did when he pulled up in the warm up.

The XVII is now unbalanced and has 2 reserves with no match fitness. Massive call! Hopefully it will go right. I remembded Wire stuffing up in a GF v us for the same reason.

Anybody any idea what happens now if a winger, centre, fullback pulls up. A merry go rounds of changes ......

I hope it comes off but for me it shows Wane has no bottle and does not back the players in form. Whatever happened to merit. Load of bollocks :wink:

Everynody has been going on and on about the players who got us to the GF as if they are somehow second class, not good enough; Those players earned it and earmed the right to be the XVII.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Well I have heard of "gambles" but this one could and should see Wane go if we end up losing because of it

I will back Lockers decisions to play, even though his form has never hit the height this season and even worse, he will in no way be match fit either.

We cannot lose this match if he plays, if we do and the match is remembered in the same manner as Flower was for 2014 then imo Lockers will always retire as a bad player more interested in personal glory and self-satisfaction than the team he played for

Got my fingers crossed we suffer no injuries, blast Wire off the pitch and he collects the trophy without having to break sweat. Now time for my meds - need all the help I can get :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

butt monkey wrote:Well I have heard of "gambles" but this one could and should see Wane go if we end up losing because of it

I will back Lockers decisions to play, even though his form has never hit the height this season and even worse, he will in no way be match fit either.

We cannot lose this match if he plays, if we do and the match is remembered in the same manner as Flower was for 2014 then imo Lockers will always retire as a bad player more interested in personal glory and self-satisfaction than the team he played for

Got my fingers crossed we suffer no injuries, blast Wire off the pitch and he collects the trophy without having to break sweat. Now time for my meds - need all the help I can get :roll:
That is an absolute if stark assessment of this huge gamble.

I hope common sense prevails.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

butt monkey wrote:Well I have heard of "gambles" but this one could and should see Wane go if we end up losing because of it

+1. If Jimmy Greaves plays in World Cup Final we lose!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield