Leeds v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Leeds v Wigan

Post by Kittwazzer »

Never confident in a result with so many of our players missing. Might have been different had Gildart not been deliberately crippled.

Not too concerned about that scoreline. Long way to go yet!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wormburner wrote:We Will Win, Have Faith in the youngsters :exc:
Think you need to throw your giant marble in the bin :exc:
It seems to be full of BS :exc: :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Joel was awful tonight. Penalties, missed tackles, poor offloads. He's been playing OK recently, but tonight had a shocker. Needed him to step up, but he did the opposite.

Why didn't Ferres get a red?
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Well we have nothing to fear from Leeds, they are shite, missing what 11 potential starters and they struggle against our kids!! We will put 40 on them when it matters!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Well we have nothing to fear from Leeds, they are shite, missing what 11 potential starters and they struggle against our kids!! We will put 40 on them when it matters!!
Yep!
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

I appreciate lads have been thrown in earlier than they should have and it's only a couple of games but Forsyth and Gregson just don't seem to sit well anytime I've seen them play. Am I alone on this one or anyone else feel the same.

Still doing a job asked of them but just something not quite there for me
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Can't pick on individuals after a squad selection like that.
Heaven knows how many players we are missing.
Thought they did as well as could be expected.
Sloppy at times but end of sets were poor, kicking game terrible.
Got to do something about all these injuries, they are killing our results. Anything like a full back division and we could win a lot.
Go with so many injuries and we are in trouble.
Above all we have got to improve the ending of sets.[/code]
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I actually thought before the match that we would lose but having seen the match - we really should have won. The tries we gave away were the sort that we gave away last season. I thought we'd got that out of out system.

Oh - and if anyone is going back over the M62, keep a look out for Big Frank's brain. He must have lost it on the way over because it certainly wasn't in place during the match.

Disappointing and not impressed with the 'mind games' - naming players in the squad who obviously weren't fit to play is pointless.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

I thought with injuries we have we gave a good account.In my opinion Ferres should have had red card and Ablett stuck fingers in Frank Pauls eyes so he was entitled to retaliate.We were good in spells, Williams outstanding, Tommy so tough, Marshall looks a find and Frank Paul and Mr T were very good.Joel has become a penalty machine and imo Ben Flower and Clubby have seen better days.We are missing so many players I have no worries we will be at old trafford.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Southern Softy wrote:I actually thought before the match that we would lose but having seen the match - we really should have won. The tries we gave away were the sort that we gave away last season. I thought we'd got that out of out system.
We should.have won last week as well but stupid mistakes cost us. When you have lots of players out you need to take the opportunities that present themselves.

We started the season looking much more clued up and patient but have reverted to previous seasons style. This may be understandable to a degree with the injuries but it's the experienced players coming up with errors. With Cas next week we will probably have lost 3 on the bounce so what that will do for confidence God knows.

I am also heartily sick of hearing players are expected to return and then don't.