Leeds v Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Leeds v Wigan

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Not making the trip tonight.
However I have a bad feeling about this one, Leeds practically at full strength and a resurgence in form will be a big ask for us.
Think we've not won at Headingly for about five years so we're due, but I'm not confident.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Leeds v Wigan

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I have a good feeling. We are a really good team. Better than them.
Farrell and Gildart back makes a massive difference to the side's potency and balance. I am looking forward to us putting on a show tonight and over the next few weeks, especially on Good Friday. We have had our rest, now it's show time.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

It's massive having Farrell back (he is playing, isn't he?), as well as Gildart and Sutton, but it would have been nice to have a few more available for this one.

Leeds were awful right at the start of the season, but seem to be getting personnel back and playing better rugby. They're still not great though, and a full-strength Wigan side would tear them to pieces I reckon.

It's not a full-strength Wigan side, but it's not a bad one at all. Just need to make sure we defend well, and build everything from that. The mistakes in the first half against Hull were unacceptable, and I'm sure Wane has told them in no uncertain terms. A professional performance, low penalty count, and we have the players to do the rest.

Could be close. Bookies have it 2pts to Leeds. They had the same for Hull last week, but think they got that one right by accident! Wigan by 8pts...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
5miler

Post by 5miler »

Can't make it either due to shoulder op. I think we can do them though. Wigan by 10. Leeds forums in uproar about their team. Only picked 3 props,they reckon we'll batter them up the middle. Last 20 minutes could be the telling point.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I was feeling hopeful but just looked at squad on Wigan and Superleague sites, and no Faz or Sutton listed??

There are differences between the two, but the club site includes Field, Ganson, Bretherton, Forsyth, Gregson, Davies, Marshall in the 19. Looks like just Gildart back in.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

There are contradictions on the squad, depends where you look. BBC showing last week's squad.
Good to see some with higher hopes than me, either way I won't be disappointed! :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Leeds have played well recently but I have a feeling we will be too much for them. Parcel has turned out to be a decent signing for them but I believe his wage is keeping Lilley out the team whom I think is one of the best young halves since George w came through
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Not making the trip tonight.
However I have a bad feeling about this one, Leeds practically at full strength and a resurgence in form will be a big ask for us.
Think we've not won at Headingly for about five years so we're due, but I'm not confident.
Me as well have a feeling we will lose tonight and then get more back for Saints and start winning again.
superleague

Post by superleague »

No Faz No Gelling
pedro

Post by pedro »

gonna get smashed then