latics in the final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Re: latics in the final

Post by - psycho - »

it wouldnt really matter because latics fans think exactly the same as pie eaters does but about the warriors.........fair pooints thoguh.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

2 indivduals bullying a woman is wrong and in poor taste. Why do you always turn up Psycho when Lam and Pie are having a discussion ?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I'm sure she can look after herself. After all she does have a "delete" button!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

why do people always bust my case for stepping in. i was trying to get the point acorss that deleting that post wasnt necaserily needed. i had no intention of jumping in to spice things up just to say that i thoguht deleting the post saying i hate latics was a bit pointless really.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
2 indivduals bullying a woman is wrong and in poor taste. Why do you always turn up Psycho when Lam and Pie are having a discussion ?
...by my calculations you've just evened the score by supporting Mrs Lam making this attack on Psyscho pointless! :D
georgio

Post by georgio »

- psycho - posted:
superleague posted:
am i the only person who doesnt care if latics won or not.
just cant wait for our season to start, whos going to friendly next thursday?
i second that. who cares aout the footy yeah they got to the final big whoop! united are going to walk all over them anyway. notice how whelan makes the effort to travel to highbury to watch the latics yet he hardly travels with the warriors. this is a rugby board not football who carea about the latics......back to the rugby.
i third it, i will be listening to fishing on the radio when they play
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
It will be interesting to see how many they take to the final given they recorded the lowest ever crowd for a semi-final of this particular competition at the JJB in the first leg v Aresnal.

Dave
I suspect the "glory hunters" will come out of the woodwork for the final...they've apparently been allocated 27,000 tickets; I think they'll all be snapped up, even if only to be sold on to the touts.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
the message i was trying to get across,EVERY season we are promised,NEXT season we are going to be the best,the trouble is NEXT season never comes[think about it]tomorrow never comes :D :roll:
I still don't really get your point, my apologies for being stupid. There are only 2 trophies to aim for, but the league is now getting to a point where quite a number of clubs can have a chance at winning. They can't ALL win, and we're no different, 11 teams will be disappointed in the league and a lot more in the one cup competition that remains. Once your out then you've got to look forward to NEXT season.

As for being promised success NEXT season every year, isn't every club the same? Leeds won naff all last year, ditto Saints, but I bet their fans are being told it'll be different this year. Warrington and Hull fans keep expecting NEXT season to be even better than the previous one, and for Hull fans they got their wish last year. There's no point the clubs saying to fans, "well, we might not do too bad this year, probably win about 50% of games if we're lucky", because that's hardly the way to increase your supporter base. Yes, Wigan fans have high expectations, but even now we've had a bad season we're still getting more and more people in because the club keeps telling people things will get better. At the opposite end of the scale are clubs like Salford, who can't really promise much of anything for NEXT year, not even a new ground, and it's hardly a surprise that they don't get any new fans.

I'd rather the club make these kind of "next year we'll win" statements even if it turns out not to work, because at least it shows ambition and shows that the club wants to be successful. Unfortunately there's no sure-fire of guaranteeing success, so we'll just have to wait for NEXT season and see what it brings. No point being negative about something that hasn't happened yet.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Martin Taylor posted:
That's fine call the previous Directors, but my god we won trophies under them. I don't need to even argue this one, the proof is there.
Only by spending far more money on wages than we were bringing in. Hence the massive debt, leading to having to sell players like Edwards, Lydon, Offiah and Tuigamala just to pay off the interest, and still leaving £6 million owing, which had to be covered by selling Central Park to Tesco.
It's a fact, and you can bang on about the salary cap and so on, but we have seen other teams such as Leeds, Bradford and sainst with a list of quality players, whilst we have done it cheap!
Since when has player recruitment (for either club) been down to Whelan? If anyone's to blame for the poor signings since '98, it's either Maurice Lindsay or the 12 coaches we've had since then.
As someone else had pointed out, however much cash DW gave us, we couldn't spend it, because of the salary cap you insist on ignoring. We spend the full £1.8m (or whatever the figure is these days) already, as do our competitors.
Because of Whelan, we're playing in a £28 million Stadium, instead of a school playing field somewhere.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Well h8 is a harsh word and im sure a few lactics fans would find that offensive, but i think we are all missing the point i think if you want to talk about them go 2 a footy forum, i like football as much as the average fan, but as i said before "THIS IS FOR WIGAN WARRIORS RUGBY, not a lactics board" Yes gwd luck 2 them in final coz they are gonna need it against United, but cant we all stick 2 rugby instead of constantly abusing one and other. We are all registered here as fans of the rugby, i know its preseason but bringing other issues in2 it only provokes endless threads of ranting, surely we can all say we are fed of this complete nonsense of non rugby deb8!! :angry: [/quote]