latics in the final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

latics in the final

Post by mike binder »

lets give them a big cheer i know alot of us are not botherd about football ,butm our towns getting biggr again good luck even better if you beet utd,me being a city fan :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
oldtimer

Re: latics in the final

Post by oldtimer »

WELL DONE remember[just] when we used to go to the final.now i am afraid it is always NEXT SEASON we are going to win something.and we are ALWAYS left disappointed :blush: :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

oldtimer posted:
WELL DONE remember[just] when we used to go to the final.now i am afraid it is always NEXT SEASON we are going to win something.and we are ALWAYS left disappointed :blush: :conf:
Not really sure what you mean by this. We can't win anything LAST season as that's already gone, so it's always going to be a future thing. But times change, there are fewer trophies to win than in the past, and I'm not really sure what kind of sport we would have if we were still in the position of one team winning all the time as we used to do - I suspect the upsurge in interest in union would have had a major effect on RL if none of the other teams were having any success.

It's disappointing that we've not won anything since 2002 (but then, how long is it since our blue friends won anything?!), but would we have done better in the last 2-3 years if we hadn't had all the injuries? We've been finishing seasons with patched up teams 3 years in a row, and, last year apart, our record in the play-offs hasn't been too bad considering. Had all our players been fit then I'm sure we'd have done even better, and since we've not even started this season, who can possibly say we won't win trophies this year?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

well done latics super result but both teams in the other semi have beaten use well this season
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Im sure you will have seen Mikes message before. This is a forum for Wigan Rugby League not football. If you want to wish them good luck go 2 a football forum.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

message for fraggle-IF my aunt had a c-- she would have been my uncle.the message i was trying to get across,EVERY season we are promised,NEXT season we are going to be the best,the trouble is NEXT season never comes[think about it]tomorrow never comes :D :roll:
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Ill say well done to the latics but only because United will know stuff them in the final :) Hopefully we will be going to two finals this year and one early next Febuary.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
superleague

Post by superleague »

am i the only person who doesnt care if latics won or not.
just cant wait for our season to start, whos going to friendly next thursday?
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Don't want to know about anything football. Last i looked this was a rugby league forum. I'm sorry but i don't want to see the latics do well, i seem to remember that one of their favourtite crowd chants is "we hate Wigan Rugby league!" Just think what ammunition the supporters would have if they won a tropy and we didn't this season!
All i here about the supporters of the latics when i pick up a paper, is how many have been arrested for violence and how many seats they have ripped out of the stadium.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

superleague posted:
am i the only person who doesnt care if latics won or not.
just cant wait for our season to start, whos going to friendly next thursday?
i second that. who cares aout the footy yeah they got to the final big whoop! united are going to walk all over them anyway. notice how whelan makes the effort to travel to highbury to watch the latics yet he hardly travels with the warriors. this is a rugby board not football who carea about the latics......back to the rugby.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------