deacon

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
backin2006

Re: deacon

Post by backin2006 »

its in fridays mate u seen it a little paragraph
phibes

Post by phibes »

DaveO posted:
Matthew posted:
This is not worth worrying about until we hear something official. Speculation could be rumours on RLFans?
I am starting to think papers like the WEP have given up trying to dig for real news and simply rely on relaying the latest rlfans rumour to their readership.

Dave
If the next story in the WEP is about Deacon and Lindsay being spotted in Frankie and Benny's - then we know where they're getting their stories from.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doug Stand posted:
Frankie or Benny????
Can either of these 2 play at stand off? :blush:
Stan Doff

Post by Stan Doff »

Although i can see how the 20/20 evens out the competition - probably more effectively than the salary cap will overa period of time i still find it a hard rule to like.
I realise that we will have to make decisions about who to keep and who to release but when people seem to think that we never get it wrong that amazes me. I some ways this will prove to be the most crucial choices any club now makes - it is no longer really an option to buy your way out of your mistakes.

Knowing some of our younger players quite well it amazes me how they afford to play for us. I am not joking. £20,000 is not a lot of money when you are staring out in life looking at getting a house a car etc. You would be surprised at some of the players we have had not counting on our 20/20.
I can see the point of it and i think it is a good idea but at the very least the amount has to rise each season or it will end up way out of line.
When you consider that some of these lads are "first teamers" it is amazing what they earn.

Personaly i think there needs to be some releif from the salary cap for a player who comes through your own catchment area. If you make them you should see a benefit for those years of work.
For example Radlinski came entirely through our catchment area and then our junior system. Yet was treated exactly the same on the salary cap as any "finished article" from down under or another SL club. That does not make sence to me. We need to encourage clubs to produce more top players. We need to reward the clubs that do. One way would be to give dispensation against the cap.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Doug Stand posted:
Frankie or Benny????
Can either of these 2 play at stand off? :blush:
Frankie Parr, perhaps?

And maybe switch Benny Elias to #6 ?