deacon

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
backin2006

deacon

Post by backin2006 »

has any1 heard rumours about paul deacon signing within the nxt 48 hours for warriors
Sutty

Re: deacon

Post by Sutty »

no

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

backin2006 posted:
has any1 heard rumours about paul deacon signing within the nxt 48 hours for warriors
This was mentioned here http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... ject183002, see the link in MrsCarney's message.

Please keep the silly rumours in one place please.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Loads - all of them on RLFans and the BBC site - if you think it's true then get down the bookies and stick a wedge of cash on it - the odds would be staggering...

Why would Deacon leave the a club that he has been at for as long as I can remember; that are the current Super League and World Club Champions, mid way through the season to come to a team that are at the bottom of super league?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
stevethered

Post by stevethered »

yes i heard this yesterday and posted it on the cherry and white site but every seems to have dismissed the comments.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

stevethered posted:

yes i heard this yesterday and posted it on the cherry and white site but every seems to have dismissed the comments.
Everything that gets written on RLFans gets dismissed, the 1% of genuine stuff not surprisingly gets swamped by the 99% of utter tripe that ends up on there.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
backin2006

Post by backin2006 »

i belive bradford in serious financial trouble
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Matthew posted:
Loads - all of them on RLFans and the BBC site - if you think it's true then get down the bookies and stick a wedge of cash on it - the odds would be staggering...

Why would Deacon leave the a club that he has been at for as long as I can remember; that are the current Super League and World Club Champions, mid way through the season to come to a team that are at the bottom of super league?
Well Wigan is his hometown team and he already has a house in Wigan. Some people just want to play for their hometown not matter where they are in the table.

Personally I can't see him switching form the Bull to Wigan, these rumour probably started because someone saw him in Wigan or something like that, I think he still has family in the area so coming to see them while he's injured isn't and odd thing and doesn't mean he is signing for Wigan.

If you really want to know you could always email him at: paul.deacon@bradfordbulls.co.uk
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

backin2006 posted:
i belive bradford in serious financial trouble
Their crowds haven't been brilliant, and IIRC they owe Leeds an as-yet-undetermined sum for the breach of contract bringing Spotty Harris back to RL without the Whinos' agreement (they had first refusal), so I guess their finances might be under some pressure. They are still operating at a loss, and their new chairman's only been in post 2 minutes so who knows what he's going to bring to the club?

[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Surely if he was so desperate to sign for Wigan he would have done it some time ago? Not waited until we were at the bottom of the league

Whilst he is a half decent kicker I don't particularly want to see us give away Rads cap money on a player that is past his best and has played behind a supremely dominant pack. To my knowledge Deacon has never really had to play in a side that has struggled for size in the forwards.

As bad as our situation is, I would prefer us to wait and replace Moran with a decent Aussie scrum half to hopefully partner someone like Barrett
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds