Warriors.Com Wigan RLFC Player Sponsorship 2009

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Warriors.Com Wigan RLFC Player Sponsorship 2009

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think the shirt should go to Mike. He has chucked in £25 also and it's his site and the head.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

ancientnloyal wrote:I think the shirt should go to Mike. He has chucked in £25 also and it's his site and the head.
What about raffling the shirt off to site members to raise funds for the running of the site? But i would be happy for mike to have it as he has said he is not interested in the prizes.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Shirt to Mike sounds good. Whoever is at the dinner is Mike's representative. The owner is the Chairman of sponsering company. Whoever sits at the table becomes the spokesperson. The shirt should be accepted on behalf of Mike. That's why it should go to him,
Jim
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

While prizes may be gifted if the member cannot use them I do believe they should not be sold. I would hate to think I or anyone else put a prize back in only for someone else pass it on for financial gain. As a safeguard a pm should be sent to cp or Josie advising of intent prior to passing on.Then if it is contentious they can deal with it. Prizes should be listed in an order of value. Then the lowest drawn first. That prize is then offer to the winner. He/she can accept or decline. Then work up the list one at a time. The dinner I think would be the top draw. Just my thoughts,

Mike, could a user group be created where only paid up members have access. Then the private discussions within the group would be easier than pms, Jim
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:
adiddy wrote:The way id see the prizes allocated, are the dinner, 1 winner given 2 tickets, that way partner or friend, or fellow supporter (their choice) can go! The 4 silver packages possibly again 2 winners, 2 tickets each, so partners or friends can go! And I also agree that because there are so few people who have sponsored that the 1 prize only per person is a great idea!

Matt
That is my thinking too Matt. However, what I think I will do is contact each contributor via PM so they can perhaps vote on what they want to happen.

Here is a thought. The end of season dinner. We get presented with Karl Pryce's shirt. Should the person who wins that prize (the dinner tickets) keep the shirt too? should the shirt be drawn for? should we give the shirt to Mike?
I would suggest a separate draw for the shirt amongst all the contributors, with the same proviso that anyone who's already won something else is ineligible.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

highland convert wrote:While prizes may be gifted if the member cannot use them I do believe they should not be sold. I would hate to think I or anyone else put a prize back in only for someone else pass it on for financial gain. As a safeguard a pm should be sent to cp or Josie advising of intent prior to passing on.Then if it is contentious they can deal with it. Prizes should be listed in an order of value. Then the lowest drawn first. That prize is then offer to the winner. He/she can accept or decline. Then work up the list one at a time. The dinner I think would be the top draw. Just my thoughts,

Mike, could a user group be created where only paid up members have access. Then the private discussions within the group would be easier than pms, Jim

HC there are 2Dinner Prices one is pre season the other is the end of season one where the shirt is presented to the sponsors.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Items that contributors will enter draws for
Four Cherry & Whites Silver Packages (inc Players Bar passes) to one Super League home game during the season (games will be selected by the club due to availability

TWO tickets to the pre-season dinner where you will sit with your chosen Player and his partner be taken on stage to present him with his 2009 playing shirt and subsequently receive a mounted photograph from the event

TWO tickets to the end of season “gala awards night” when your player will present his personally signed shirt to you and again receive a mounted photograph from the event.

A Wigan DVD Pack courtesy of me
So, there are essentially EIGHT (or TEN, if we keep to single dinner tickets, not partners) separate prizes: 4 Silver packages, two (or four) dinners, the shirt and the DVD pack. (the photos will need to stay with the dinner-winners, since they'll be personal to them).

Since they'll all be drawn at different times, my idea would be that the winners of each will simply not be entered in subsequent draws, as we go along. We can make contingency plans if a winner can't take up his prize: maybe a re-draw, or a prize exchange with another winner (but I agree not allowing selling a prize on).
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Great news I will update the list later.

Mrs Binder goes in the £10 draw and Josie get 2 more £25 contributors.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Where are we upto? we sorted yet? apart form the URL
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan