Problem teenagers at away games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
consigliere

Re: Problem teenagers at away games

Post by consigliere »

My suggestion is basically that we need something along the lines of the "pub watch" you see in town. If someone is banned from one firm they should be banned from them all.

OK your not going to stop them going to the game but it does mean that its more difficult for them. If the clubs also have this information the stewards would at least have a head start in who they are looking for.

I'm not saying their photo's should be plastered all over the place, just that people organising the transport should have them and the ticket office. plus stewards should surely be aware of known trouble makers.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Anything that can reduce the chance of having idiots at games is a good idea imo. My local town centre had a similar system and it reduced shoplifting loads.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wharthog

Post by Wharthog »

some young lads these days wouldnt think twice about pulling a weapon out on someone trying to prevent them from fighting. if ever anyone confronts someone i would recommend you do not do this alone, most of the adult fans have children and families and there is more important things is life to put yourself into a position you later regret.
i started this thread as i was disgusted with the behaviour inside the ground on friday, i did not realise it continued outside. im sure all clubs have this problem to a certain extent but i feel some youngsters are letting the rest of us down at wigan, the day we have a reputation like hull or warrington is the day i will stop going to games, i know im not alone in this either. the facebook idea is a good one,
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews wrote:
pedro wrote:
although not a pretty one eh :wink:
I think David is quite handsome :inlo:
Josie think you need a white stick instead of your usual one :lol: :wink:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It wouldn't be a bad idea filming stuff on mobile phones as 'evidence'. The name thing may have flaws in that one can simply say another name just as easily. Photos and memory are the best way for regular drivers/ coach workers to stop people getting on.

We should send an email to Wigan Warriors and the council to form a community program whereby idiotic youths (and adults) at games are done for anti-social behaviour, handed over to Wigan one afternoon to be used as tackle bags and kicking tee's.

How many young people use this website? I knew there used to be a group (Psycho, Bear) but they've probably grown out of this. The generation after them need to come online!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

josie andrews wrote:
consigliere wrote:I'm not getting drawn in on that josie :D :o

If I was only 25 years younger :inlo:

:roll: :wink:

I would be 2 years old !!!! :D :D :D
WIGAN TILL I DIE

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

white elephant wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
consigliere wrote:I'm not getting drawn in on that josie :D :o

If I was only 25 years younger :inlo:

:roll: :wink:

I would be 2 years old !!!! :D :D :D
You know exactly what I mean :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan