bentham is a disgace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: bentham is a disgace

Post by pedro »

My dad emailed the RFL about it and they said it was a legit move and had been sanctioned. A joke really.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

yes because leeds hid there true accounts ,as cp quoted they siad they could not re call players out on lone due to cap restrictions ,when they had up to 7 players out they had to dip into there accadamy set up ,then the week after Lee Smith signs but did any 1 leave or even go out on lone no is the answer to both question ,im begining to think our whole game is as bent as its refs
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
pedro

Post by pedro »

mike binder wrote:bentman showed he had no balls ,any 1 else but the england captain he would of walked yellow card at least prob more like red,wat makes it worse from the kick to the head ,the guy who replaced joel get sent to the bin for not being able to defie the laws of gravity

can some 1 tell me the last time some 1 was sinbined or sent off in a big game against wigan ie challenge cup play off match or against leeds sts or wire,i just cant remembering it happenning.

we have had 2 sin bins this season that were never sin bins yesterdays and roberts in the sts game early on in the season.

cumming you are a disgrace plz do the right thing and walk or demote 1 of your top refs for a disgraceful biased performance
Anderson got banned about 5 years ago at the DW for taking out the player in the first round of the pay offs....its the game Rads was FB and he turned and caught Appo and Grose between them as they both tries to outrun him but failed as he kept just turning and catching them both.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I know I haven't bveen watching RL for that long, but I have mates who have watched for many many yeas and none of us can see thre "accidental offside" that led to the leeds try, can anyone explain that one? Straw? You seem to think Bentham had a good game/wasn't biased. Can you explain that one to me?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

A few years ago I went to Warrington on a ref's course so I could ref under 9's level. My lad was at Judes. Bentham was the teacher. I didn't know who he was then as he'd not appeared on TV. To say he was hopeless would be an understatement. He didn't know the rules. He had fellas in the class telling him the rules and he was changing his mind every 2 minutes. I nearly fell off the chair a month or so later when I saw the guy reffing a game on SKY.
He also came out with a dig about Wigan. Something about those with Wigan tops on wouldn't be passing the course. Might just have been banter but makes me think every time I see him now. He's bent. Along with Silverwood he is Cummings little disciple. A part of the anti Wigan alliance running our game
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

exile in Tiger country wrote:I know I haven't bveen watching RL for that long, but I have mates who have watched for many many yeas and none of us can see thre "accidental offside" that led to the leeds try, can anyone explain that one? Straw? You seem to think Bentham had a good game/wasn't biased. Can you explain that one to me?
Yes I can. Sam kicked the ball forward and it hit a Wigan player who was stood in front of him, therefore he was offside.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The decision was correct. Others were not but that was.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

My view, after calming down and rewatching the game, is that in the main most of the reffing calls were right. A bit pedantic but mostly right.

The decisions that causd my blood to boil were :

1. Penalising Coley for throwing the ball away after an error. He didn't throw it away, he was angry with himself and threw it down. You see this sort of thing in every match and it doesn't get penalised.

2. Keeping Peacock on the pitch after such a bad tackle. Peacock isn't a dirty player and his tackle was reactive rather than malicious, but it was baltant and needed recourse.

3. Senior kicking Tomkins in the head. I've seen players go for lashing out in the tackle like that. But not on Saturday?

4. Sin binning Farrell for a late challenge. How on earth you change direction mid-flight is beyond me.

We were the better team, we had better terrotority and control but those little nudges in Leeds direction ultimately gave them the game.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

pedro wrote:
mike binder wrote:bentman showed he had no balls ,any 1 else but the england captain he would of walked yellow card at least prob more like red,wat makes it worse from the kick to the head ,the guy who replaced joel get sent to the bin for not being able to defie the laws of gravity

can some 1 tell me the last time some 1 was sinbined or sent off in a big game against wigan ie challenge cup play off match or against leeds sts or wire,i just cant remembering it happenning.

we have had 2 sin bins this season that were never sin bins yesterdays and roberts in the sts game early on in the season.

cumming you are a disgrace plz do the right thing and walk or demote 1 of your top refs for a disgraceful biased performance
Anderson got banned about 5 years ago at the DW for taking out the player in the first round of the pay offs....its the game Rads was FB and he turned and caught Appo and Grose between them as they both tries to outrun him but failed as he kept just turning and catching them both.
enough said 5 years ago
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

mike binder wrote:
at the game I though that farrell's sin bin was fair enough but wasn't convinced by the tv replay. As for the sinbins that never were Mike, have you seen the Joel Tomkins one against Huddersfield? Mason had just smacked lulu I think and they bizarrely got the ball a couple of tackles later Joel made a totally ordinary tackle and was sinbinned. Having watched it several times on DVD I still can't see anything wrong at all. The final shot of Senior kicking out was brutal but maybe its a deliberate tactic, anyone remember Lee Smith on Harrison Hansen? Kear was a disgrace with his comments on the kick, saying it was clearly an accident before seeing a decent replay, same with the crap about Sams step and Farrells sinbin, totally biased and I've contacted the BBC because I've not heard anything as bad. It was clear that Leeds as underdogs were employing dirty tactics, the peacock tackle, the kickout, holding on to Lockers etc. Unfortunately for us Bentham was totally crap. Another thing that didn't help us is only having 3 props in a game which was always going to be conservative up the middle rugby due to the conditions a crazy call along with not using Tuson and Farrell's brief stint. Coley and Prescott in particular really suffered as a result of this in a way similar to how Fielden suffered when Nobby played with 3 props against Leeds in the playoffs a few years ago and against Rovers earlier in the same season. This has got to go down as Madge's biggest mistake so far. also what was up with Goulding?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."