v Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: v Wakefield

Post by cpwigan »

Wane, Rads and IL have to take a look at a lot of things but recruitment should be a key one. We lost Budgie to leave us with 2 wingers, Johnstone could have been picked up easily at the time; anybody decent but we do nothing. Centres possibly skinny there too. Hooker? did we have the depth even when Mac was fit? Seemingly too many props / back rowers Why did the club retain Burke when IMO Wane does not rate him Was Isa a great signing? particularly as a back rower? Players being sent on loan?

Worst of all a coach who cannot coach IMO. The club has gone backwards under him as a head coach.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Was listening to a NFL programme late on earlier in the week and I was gobsmacked they avoid any tackling and excessive physical contact due to wear and tear it has through the season given the impact injuries on players.

I have never believed that Wanes methods were an issue until I looked at statement the following day. How many players have we got that are injured and how many are injured through over training.

MM was unluck broken ankle but some of the others I do wonder if its the over training that is the root cause of it.
Not that old chestnut again TBW will spew his tea up!! :)
Stalker alert!

As for the comment from Gimble, our injuries have occurred during games this season unless you can prove otherwise then it's a mute point!!
No its not TBW what I am getting at players get over physical in training they do not recover and therefore get injured. I am not saying players are getting injured in training do read what I said about the NFL.

They train keep contact to a minimum the do not even tackle due to the stress it puts on joints etc. Wane is a hard task master we all accept that but is that the reason players are getting injured due to not fully recovering.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

superleague wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:
superleague wrote:Wane brigade will be on soon, when we get our full strength team blah blah, wane is the reason we are so poor and have been all season and most of last season
So wait are you saying that im wrong to believe injuries effected todays result in anyway and that we haven't got to multiple GF in a row and were minutes and a ref decision of getting the shield last year.

Dammit Wane OUT..

:D
Yeah injuries have played a big part but that performance is not acceptable.
We have played utter crap all season, boring predictable rugby coached by WANE.
And please we didn't win cause of a ref decision that is clutching at straws
Im not really clutching at straws. I was just biting your bate and laying a bit of my own for some light heartedness.

I agree we have be shocking this season, im not a wane happy clappy person i think he has his strengths and is nowhere near as bad as everyone on here lets on. This is the lowest ive seen our score difference in years this season. Which shows we need a attacking coach.

Im also appauled by the result.i didnt expect much today, but to be nilled by any team is terrible.

However you cannot ignore the injury list.
You remove key players from other teams and they suddenly start losing (brown -widnes / sandow -wareington/ leeds this entire season) our injuries this season are appauling and the fact we managed to stay second so long without a recognised half pairing shows that all isnt lost.

Am i blind and think we are going to walk it. nope im hoping we get to the top 4 but i don't expect it to be easy. I also believe that Wane and IL are relying to much Tomkins being the magic cure all pill.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan were left humiliated after crashing to their heaviest league defeat in more than a decade.

They may have been missing 10 frontline players but by any measure, this was an embarrassing - and unexpected - performance.

The Warriors leaked 11 tries including a hat-trick by stand-off Jacob Miller, going down to their heaviest Super League loss since the 70-0 thrashing against Leeds in 2005.

It was an embarrassingly soft display by Wigan.

Their attack has misfired for most of the year but their defensive grit has normally served them well. Not this time - they were cut to part with seeming ease by a home side showing much more style and swagger.

If this was the worst Wigan had played in a long time, this was the best Wakefield had played in... ever?

They became the first side to beat the Warriors on the road this year, and the victory not only lifted them to the brink of the top-eight, but swelled their hopes of staying there.

Wigan did have their chances on their hosts’ line, particularly in the first-half, but they sorely lacked a spark to crack open a spirited defence.

At the other end, they melted under a Wildcats onslaught to finish the game with their reputations severely bruised.

If they looked disjointed, it was because they were.

Shaun Wane was missing 10 frontline players, with Sean O’Loughlin, Dom Manfredi and suspended Liam Farrell absent from the side which went down 28-16 to Warrington a week ago.

While the coach said he wouldn’t be seeking excuses for a poor display, he had to delve deep into his reserves with a side featuring three teenagers including debutants Joe Bretherton and Jack Wells. That took the number of academy graduates breaking into the side this year to five (by contrast, there was just one last season in Oliver Gildart).

Faced with such adversity, a defeat was not a shock - but the scoreline was.

Few players impressed in a well-beaten side, Greg Burke arguably the pick of the bunch, and Wane will be grateful he will be able to drip-feed players into his side over the next two weeks as they return from injuries.
http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-7844413
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Does anybody on here know what the players do during training? If they do then fair enough please enlighten us.....!!
Would also like to know just from the view of the comment made on the NFL programme.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I said sack Wane at the end of last season, I also think our recruitment is pitiful in general, I also think we need an owner that will put money on the table!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote: Not that old chestnut again TBW will spew his tea up!! :)
Stalker alert!

As for the comment from Gimble, our injuries have occurred during games this season unless you can prove otherwise then it's a mute point!!
No its not TBW what I am getting at players get over physical in training they do not recover and therefore get injured. I am not saying players are getting injured in training do read what I said about the NFL.

They train keep contact to a minimum the do not even tackle due to the stress it puts on joints etc. Wane is a hard task master we all accept that but is that the reason players are getting injured due to not fully recovering.
What evidence other than SW saying we will work hard in training is there to suggest we are over physical in our training?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:Wane, Rads and IL have to take a look at a lot of things but recruitment should be a key one. We lost Budgie to leave us with 2 wingers, Johnstone could have been picked up easily at the time; anybody decent but we do nothing. Centres possibly skinny there too. Hooker? did we have the depth even when Mac was fit? Seemingly too many props / back rowers Why did the club retain Burke when IMO Wane does not rate him Was Isa a great signing? particularly as a back rower? Players being sent on loan?

Worst of all a coach who cannot coach IMO. The club has gone backwards under him as a head coach.
Wane seems convinced every problem can be solved with an academy player

I think the ego thing comes into it too - notice that Wane only seems to buy "projects" its almost like he doesnt want a seasoned professional coming in and being a louder voice
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Stalker alert!

What evidence other than SW saying we will work hard in training is there to suggest we are over physical in our training?
Him saying it alludes to it.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: No its not TBW what I am getting at players get over physical in training they do not recover and therefore get injured. I am not saying players are getting injured in training do read what I said about the NFL.

Him saying it alludes to it.
Him saying they are going to work hard does not mean physical contact!! My hardest training sessions have involved no physical contact whatsoever!!