bentham is a disgace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: bentham is a disgace

Post by cpwigan »

Some interesting comments by the Wigan players re the refereeing in Today's Wigan Observer.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

God wrote:Have you got the link, if the players feel robbed then we cant be wrong as the paying public can we?
No sorry. Not sure they put the Observer online.

Here are some quotes;

Pat Richards - "were not making excuses but I do find it hard to work out sometimes. We got a bloke put in the bin for a charge down and we lose Joel for 20 minutes of the game - I don't know what to say really. Until then Joel had been carving them up"

Liam Farrell - "I asked a few when I came off was it that late? and they said no but a couple said you can't leave the ground... I don't know. There were a lot of penalties and sometimes games go like that, especially in those conditions"

Amos Roberts - "Some of the incidents - they were a bit disapointing. I felt like the ref was trying to even it up, looking for things to pin on us and pin on them - From a players point of view I thought some of the calls were pretty poor"
ian b

Post by ian b »

weststand-rich wrote:My view, after calming down and rewatching the game, is that in the main most of the reffing calls were right. A bit pedantic but mostly right.

The decisions that causd my blood to boil were :

1. Penalising Coley for throwing the ball away after an error. He didn't throw it away, he was angry with himself and threw it down. You see this sort of thing in every match and it doesn't get penalised.

2. Keeping Peacock on the pitch after such a bad tackle. Peacock isn't a dirty player and his tackle was reactive rather than malicious, but it was baltant and needed recourse.

3. Senior kicking Tomkins in the head. I've seen players go for lashing out in the tackle like that. But not on Saturday?

4. Sin binning Farrell for a late challenge. How on earth you change direction mid-flight is beyond me.

We were the better team, we had better terrotority and control but those little nudges in Leeds direction ultimately gave them the game.
i know it is a long time ago but i remember Edwards getting a straight red for taking Bradley Clyde out with a shot similar to peacocks.He was wrong footed and i guess it was instinctive and not malicious,but a yellow card for peacock would have been fair.With out being bias i really believe there is an anti Wigan brigade with in the powers to be.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The classic one re Edwards was at Wembley for GB v Aus on Bradley Clyde. He got a straight red for that.

If fans watch the Peacock one not one does he make contact initially he then goes back for more with a second swipe.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

We just have to make sure that we let the referees know what we think of them when they make decisions like bentham did on Saturday.

Chorus of boos followed by a few songs like "you don't know what we doing", "same old bentham, always cheating" and "all we want is a decent referee"

We need to make it so intimidating an atmosphere that they don't even think about pulling the same rubbish as we saw Saturday.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
pedro

Post by pedro »

Edwards was far worse he swung it in and cleaned him out...was a beauty
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

pedro wrote:Edwards was far worse he swung it in and cleaned him out...was a beauty
remember clapping him off as he walked right past me and my dad when we were in the cheapo seats near the bendy tunnel. Everyone thought it was brilliant the way BC's legs flew in the air, everyone except Edwards himself that is. It was one of the most clear cut dismissals I've seen.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Matthew wrote:We just have to make sure that we let the referees know what we think of them when they make decisions like bentham did on Saturday.

Chorus of boos followed by a few songs like "you don't know what we doing", "same old bentham, always cheating" and "all we want is a decent referee"

We need to make it so intimidating an atmosphere that they don't even think about pulling the same rubbish as we saw Saturday.
Thats a great idea, get the referee's back up even more.

The club should make the proper representations to the RFL, and point out the inconsistencies.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The stains and leeds fans regularly get on the referee's back when they play at home and it works for them.

cummings has never welcomed criticism (constructive or otherwise) from any quarter - so whilst the club should make representations; I have little hope that they will make the slightest difference.

The only way to let the incompetent morons know how much their poor performances are disliked is via the fans at the match - it didn't do ganson's performances any harm.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
arthurb's 1st

Post by arthurb's 1st »

IAN B wrote about an anti wigan brigade , I aggree with him , but what the RFL [AND OTHER CLUBS]dont realise is that they all need a strong WIGAN[unless they do but they are all jealous]as the away crowds show this. We take more away fans than anyone ,just count the fans in NORTH STAND on Fri.The club should publish the No of away fans at each game,at least it would make interesting but embarrasing reading.