I'm sorry but Lauaki is to blame

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
michael inch stoke

Re: I'm sorry but Lauaki is to blame

Post by michael inch stoke »

mickw wrote:could`nt make it three could they!
What, Years :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:The most common myth when it comes to Prescott. His rate of errors per game has always been low. Last season it was 0.4 errors per game, but sometimes people see what they want to.
I agree Cherry. Preccy might only make one handling error all match. But it always seems to be with his first touch!
IIRC Nathan McAvoy was the same when he came here briefly. Certain players need an easy hit up to get a feel for the ball etc.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

EL and his penalties obviously had a big impact on the result but there are clearly other factors that affected the result, Josh's kicking, Silverwood, poor structure both attack and defence and so on and so on, however for me there is one simple way of looking at this. SW is HEAD COACH, therefore he is in charge of our attack, defence, structure, back up kickers practising regularly, discipline, game time, team selection, interchanges etc. I don't need to go on! Now in my opinion he got all this wrong against Warrington and that is what cost us the game because Wire were awful and clearly there for the taking and an MM coached team would have destroyed them. I am not blaming SW for the red mist of any player giving a silly penalty away because that is simply a coach killer or the disgraceful reffereeing performance, but them aside he should have made decisions prior and during the game to ensure we won and he DID NOT! That is worrying for the future and he needs to learn very quickly otherwise it could be a very disappointing season considering we still have a good enough squad to challenge for trophies.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett