Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Micky Mac

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cow yeds wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Nowhere have I said Roby is not a good player BUT I am reminding people that he has been outplayed by Mac every time this season when they have faced each other. Yet we have some of our fans who seem to want to write Mac off for a sending off that our coach feels was unfair. Personally I can appreciate good / bad players from every team. KC was better than our hooker, better than Roby. Roby is an excellent player. James Graham was / is an excellent player BUT so is Micky Mac.

Ironically one of the posters rearing his head here wanted rid of Gaz Hock after he was sent off v Wire. This season never bad mouthed him once here albeit he has on RLfans. He frequently slated Lockers too. Now it seems Mac is his new whipping boy. Oddly he rates Rinaldi and Ah Van. I say no more.
Been saying the same about Mac for a while now.
Madge put Micky Mac on as first hooker in the 2010 Grand Final to nulify KFC, and I dare say MADGE got it right.
Mac now nulifies James Robey in the very same way.
How does a hooker nullify another hooker??
Is that really worth a reply Cow Yeds.

In the Grand Final of 2010 Micky Mac nulified Keiran Cuningham by making him much less effective than what he wanted to be and what was maybe expected of him to be.
IMO Madge put MM on to do that job and he did.
Others on here might be able comment if my comments are correct or a load of bullshit.

From memory Cunningham was the first Saints hooker on for that game and so Madge put Micky Mac for that period of time and basically Cunningham was about as much use as a fart in an astronaughts suit in that game, all down to MM being in his face like a rash. Only my opinion of course.

Also from memory Cunningham went off, Robey came on and Madge swapped Mac for Tommy. Cunningham retired after that game.

Robey has yet to dominate Micky Mac in any Wigan v Saints match that I have seen, since Robey was introduced as their first choice hooker.

Maybe you can comment otherwise and let the good people on here decide.
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
29wes28 wrote:Hmm also aren't scanners illegal?
I don't think listening in to anything is illegal, it only becomes an offence if the information gained is used for an illegal pupose. Listening to police frequesncies is ok. Letting a burglar know you've heard the police are on their way to collar him isn't.

I'm sure it is; I think it is something like, listening to anything other than general reception transmissions is one offence.

Making public the contents of that which you have listened to is a second offence

It is all to do with communications only being for the intended recipient. Cannot remember the exact Act(s) of the top of my head, but i'll get back to you on that once I get 20 minutes spare. As far as I can remember, the scanner itself isn't illegal, just what you choose to do with it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Gone for the season unless we appeal!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

3 games, I am utterly astounded at this decision and how they can justify it, the RFL are so corrupt it is seriously now beyond a joke and something has to happen to stop this. The lack of consistency is down right laughable and I am so angry it is not funny.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

he's got 3 match ban
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jasonnlouise wrote:he's got 3 match ban
Source please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

sky sports news about 20 mins ago
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cow yeds wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Been saying the same about Mac for a while now.
Madge put Micky Mac on as first hooker in the 2010 Grand Final to nulify KFC, and I dare say MADGE got it right.
Mac now nulifies James Robey in the very same way.
How does a hooker nullify another hooker??
Is that really worth a reply Cow Yeds.

In the Grand Final of 2010 Micky Mac nulified Keiran Cuningham by making him much less effective than what he wanted to be and what was maybe expected of him to be.
IMO Madge put MM on to do that job and he did.
Others on here might be able comment if my comments are correct or a load of bullshit.

From memory Cunningham was the first Saints hooker on for that game and so Madge put Micky Mac for that period of time and basically Cunningham was about as much use as a fart in an astronaughts suit in that game, all down to MM being in his face like a rash. Only my opinion of course.

Also from memory Cunningham went off, Robey came on and Madge swapped Mac for Tommy. Cunningham retired after that game.

Robey has yet to dominate Micky Mac in any Wigan v Saints match that I have seen, since Robey was introduced as their first choice hooker.

Maybe you can comment otherwise and let the good people on here decide.[/quote

Your opinion of course which you are entitled to.
But unless you can tell me how many times MM tackled Roby out of the game or vice versa it means jack shit to me.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote:
jasonnlouise wrote:he's got 3 match ban
Source please?
I've just seen it
Wigan Warriors hooker Michael McIlorum has been found guilty of a Grade C reckless high tackle offence by the RFL Disciplinary in Leeds on Tuesday evening.

McIlorum has received a three game suspension and a £300 fine.

He was dismissed for the offence against Anthony Laffranchi of St Helens in the 15th minute of the Stobart Super League Round 27 fixture last Friday at the DW Stadium.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

Bad news but not unexpected. Can't feel any injustice about it though as in truth, he deserved it. It's a pity, he's let the club, fans, team-mates and himself down with a bone headed attempt at proving he's tough when he doesn't need to.