Tom Briscoe Done Deal??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Tom Briscoe Done Deal??

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
Matthew wrote:If he wants to move to Leeds (as has been mentioned countless times) to be close to his family, then we would have had to offer significantly more than Leeds did - to a player who didn't really want to be here and had only signed for the money.

Should we have done this?
Money talks. He's a pro RL player and as we see with our own turnover of players, they follow the money.

Wigan isn't on another planet so I think concerns about being in Wigan as opposed to Leeds would disappear for the right package.

The most concerning aspect of this is we don't even seem to have given him the opportunity to turn us down for whatever reason.
From what I heard, we put an offer on the table at the same time as Leeds!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Matthew wrote:If he wants to move to Leeds (as has been mentioned countless times) to be close to his family, then we would have had to offer significantly more than Leeds did - to a player who didn't really want to be here and had only signed for the money.

Should we have done this?
Money talks. He's a pro RL player and as we see with our own turnover of players, they follow the money.

Wigan isn't on another planet so I think concerns about being in Wigan as opposed to Leeds would disappear for the right package.

The most concerning aspect of this is we don't even seem to have given him the opportunity to turn us down for whatever reason.
From what I heard, we put an offer on the table at the same time as Leeds!
Someone a few posts back said we didn't make an offer implying they were "in the know".
Shaun1967

Re: Does anyone know........

Post by Shaun1967 »

ddtftf wrote:Looks like Briscoe has gone to Leeds with Ben Jones Bishop going to Warrington
If true, I think Warrington have ended up with the better player.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Wes

Post by Wes »

We will get Riley hahahahahaha.

In all honesty I would like us to bring through Burgess or Manfredi and sign a world class centre.

I would have liked to have seen Briscoe at Wigan but I am not overly fussed if we miss out on him, that said we won't sign a world class centre we will promote from within as seems to be the new trend.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

YES Leeds is only 40 minutes away & some come to the club from Australia and NZ
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Our club is becoming the laughing stock when it comes to buying players. I am sure our Marque acquisitions from London Bronco`s will sell a raft of season tickets. My message to IL is its bloody hard to get customers back once they have gone. Customers are the life blood of the club and do not forget it IL.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tom Briscoe ready to be unveiled as a Leeds Rhinos player for 2014 after leaving Hull FC

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... z2g4eVafpG
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

He's a good winger but if he's joined his brother at Leeds I can understand that.

He's not going to go there to win things on last nights evidence. The "ageing" tag really appears to be catching up with them and they don't exactly play to there wingers either, so I can see him spending a few frustrating years there before moving to Castleford or Bradford etc
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

God wrote:Very true Butt monkey, the wingers try record over the past few seasons is crap.
I assume you are sarcastically bringing up Ryan Hall?

99% of Hall's trys have come from about 10 metres out and with his ability to touch down with literally no room to manoeuvre, he is a freak, a one off that Briscoe will not come close to matching
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
John Ferguson

Re: Does anyone know........

Post by John Ferguson »

ddtftf wrote:Looks like Briscoe has gone to Leeds with Ben Jones Bishop going to Warrington
Looks like the Jones-Bishop deal is off as Leeds wanted a fee and Warrington don't want to pay one. Rumours he's off to London Irish now. Probably not going to stay now Briscoe has joined though.