Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Warriors bid for Aussie ace Minichiello

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Everhopeful wrote:Thu, 25 Jul 2013 at 07:57

Some will be pleased to know Minichiello reportedly due to re-sign for the Roosters tomorrow. I think he would have given you 2-3 years of great service. Better than Moltzen!
This has just been reported in the Daily Star Sunday!!!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby- ... nichiello?

Again it proves this site is streets ahead of any journalist with news :wink: :lol:
Has to be since its the first port of call for most journalists! :lol:
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

A few months ago i really thought we needed to spend big to bring in a quality fullback, but now my opinion as changed, Ryan Hampshire should be given the chance next season, and now they should be spending their time finding a quality winger , after losing a few of our forwards but brought 2 straight in so this area is well covered
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

RobWigan wrote:A few months ago i really thought we needed to spend big to bring in a quality fullback, but now my opinion as changed, Ryan Hampshire should be given the chance next season, and now they should be spending their time finding a quality winger , after losing a few of our forwards but brought 2 straight in so this area is well covered
We've got a quality replacement winger for Pat in Joe Burgess :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
phild1

Post by phild1 »

DaveO wrote:
AdamMac wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: And where would that leave Tierney, Powell, Hampshire?
Does it matter? Tierney had a shocker on Friday (amongst others)that's not to say he won't come good but I very much doubt he'll be ready for a full season in super league next season.

Hampshire & Powell play 7 & 6 and at this moment in time Eden is a better full back than all of them.
I expect we will get to see how Hamshire goes there tonight but if this guy is an out an out half back it would be a shame to see him used as an attempted clone of Sam.

Up to now all those tried have shown they won't be ready next season. Hampshire might be and I guess we will see if he is but we are running out of options.

Surely the club and fans don't think we can automatically replace Sam with a kid and carry on as if nothing has happened? Players like Sam are once in a generation type of players.
==phild1 who is off to seek his fortune elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

I disagree Josie we can replace every quality player with a academy player
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

josie andrews wrote:
RobWigan wrote:A few months ago i really thought we needed to spend big to bring in a quality fullback, but now my opinion as changed, Ryan Hampshire should be given the chance next season, and now they should be spending their time finding a quality winger , after losing a few of our forwards but brought 2 straight in so this area is well covered
We've got a quality replacement winger for Pat in Joe Burgess :)
Far to early, it would not be fair on him or the side in another year or two imo.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

RobWigan wrote:I disagree Josie we can replace every quality player with a academy player
Not possible Rob, it never has been. Wigan's history is full of imported players supplementing locals. Sullivan to Boston to Hanley and so forth.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Sorry CpWigan the post was suppose to say you cant replace quality players with Academy players all the time , as my earlier post about the wing position states :)
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

And two more positions Rob, we need a quality Centre and Prop for next season if we are to continue on as a leading side. I think these are vital with the important players that are leaving us.

Appears likely two teams will be relegated from next season ; don't want to go anywhere near that !
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Hahahah Nezza Faz we will be nowhere near relegation, what made you say this? Props fot next season will be Hopkins, Lauaki,Taylor, Crosby, Dudson, and Eddy Pettybourne , do you not think this is good enough?