bentham is a disgace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: bentham is a disgace

Post by cpwigan »

Just to add you cannot prove anything from what was said other than it was unprofessional. I could if I was the referee say Saints will beat Leeds in the CC Semi Final that I was officiating but it does not prove I would make it happen or do something to make it happen.

It is unprofessional and perhaps gives an inkling into Bentham's attitude towards Wigan. I once walked onto Central Park and then referee Mick Naughton was alongside me and both my father and I heard him say "It's about time these bastards were beaten" Wigan hadn't lost for several games. Unprofessional but it does not mean Mick Naughton would fix a Wigan game.

I do think referees are not the paragons of virtue many would like us to believe. They hold grudges / hate clubs people like any human. Wasn't it Whitfield who always penalised / sin binned / sent Andy greg off?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Of the 3 matches we have lost he was the ref in charge Saturdays match he was totally biased towards Wigan and gave Leeds everything .He penalised Wigan for not having 2 feet behind the line and on 39 mins every when WIGAN were pressing every Leeds player was not behind the line should have been a penalty to Wigan ???
homer s

Post by homer s »

jaws1 wrote:Of the 3 matches we have lost he was the ref in charge Saturdays match he was totally biased towards Wigan and gave Leeds everything .He penalised Wigan for not having 2 feet behind the line and on 39 mins every when WIGAN were pressing every Leeds player was not behind the line should have been a penalty to Wigan ???
that was commented on when we saw the replays on the big screen, but what do you expect? it was the same with coley kicking the ball away, his mistake,he's annoyed. mcguire kicks ball away after jjb lost ball in tackle, scrum down given, why are the same offence's given different decisions?