Gaz Hock

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Gaz Hock

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
I am not convinced Mossop will return either. He seems adamant he is coming back but I don't think there is any contractual obligation to do so. If he likes it in Oz he could stay was my understanding and if he came back in say four years I don't think the first refusal clause in Wigan's favour would still apply.
It's his fiancée that says they will come back after two, but he may persuade her, if he is successful & everything is going okay, to stay for three. They have both told me that.
I don't doubt you Josie but things change. It's a big step to move down under and so a safety net of being able to come back is a nice thing to have. His fiancée may not have even agreed to go without it for all I know.

However if Mossop is a success he could earn more than Wigan could offer back here and if the pair of them take to the Aussie lifestyle I can see it being quite easy for them to change their minds about a return.

As an aide about people changing regarding moving overseas I once went to work on a project at the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. I went with a colleague who was from Liverpool.

He was incredibly homesick and never left the hotel except to go to the office. We were there for three weeks and since for once the project well we had loads of free time and I could not persuade him to come out. No trip up Victoria peak, nothing. I even purely by chance bumped into someone who worked for another customer in a pub who was now working there and so we even had ex-pats to take us out of we wanted. Still no go.

On the last day I insisted he came and looked at Hong Kong Harbour and I virtually had to drag him there. His comment? "It's not like the Mersey.".

He now lives in Melbourne!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:
I am not convinced Mossop will return either. He seems adamant he is coming back but I don't think there is any contractual obligation to do so. If he likes it in Oz he could stay was my understanding and if he came back in say four years I don't think the first refusal clause in Wigan's favour would still apply.
It's his fiancée that says they will come back after two, but he may persuade her, if he is successful & everything is going okay, to stay for three. They have both told me that.
I don't doubt you Josie but things change. It's a big step to move down under and so a safety net of being able to come back is a nice thing to have. His fiancée may not have even agreed to go without it for all I know.

However if Mossop is a success he could earn more than Wigan could offer back here and if the pair of them take to the Aussie lifestyle I can see it being quite easy for them to change their minds about a return.
You see them as the next Jason & Kylie? :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
DaveO wrote:

As an aide about people changing regarding moving overseas I once went to work on a project at the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. I went with a colleague who was from Liverpool.

He was incredibly homesick and never left the hotel except to go to the office. We were there for three weeks and since for once the project well we had loads of free time and I could not persuade him to come out. No trip up Victoria peak, nothing. I even purely by chance bumped into someone who worked for another customer in a pub who was now working there and so we even had ex-pats to take us out of we wanted. Still no go.

On the last day I insisted he came and looked at Hong Kong Harbour and I virtually had to drag him there. His comment? "It's not like the Mersey.".

He now lives in Melbourne!

Of course things change Dave, she may even settle better than Lee, I just know what they told me a couple of weeks ago. So I can only go off that :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan