Officials for our Easter games!!!!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Officials for our Easter games!!!!!!!!!

Post by turf »

Wigan v Saints:

Referee - Ashley Klein

Video Referee - Steve Ganson

Leeds v Wigan

Referee - Richard Silverwood

Video Referee - Ian Smith

We're knackered v Saints, look who the VR is!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts????
Matthew

Re: Officials for our East...

Post by Matthew »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Any thoughts......yes! Lets all attact GANSON!!
attact? You either meant attack or attract - I hope it was attack!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

The way he performed on Sunday it is attack. Mind you, attract wouldn't be too far behind either.

Refereeing yesterday and video refereeing the week after.
phibes

Post by phibes »

Thank you Stuart Cummings (who coincidentally is from Widnes).

Let's just hope a video ref decision isn't the difference between us winning or losing.
only1warrior

Post by only1warrior »

ganson should have no part in a wigan v st helens game with him coming from st helens
turf

Post by turf »

You've just reminded me of something there talking of fan clubs. Wasn't there an incident at Huddersfield last year were either Ronnie Laughton or Ian Smith (can't remember which one) were dropped for a game because they were seen in a Huddersfield fan club.
~*PAM*~

Post by ~*PAM*~ »

Agh I can't believe it! He is a Wigan hater and attention grabber, it was the Steve Ganson show on Sunday afternoon plus he missed loads of high tackles etc that Widnes were coming in with, and attempted ball steals.

On the plus side I think Ashley is very fair and eagle-eyed so hopefully won't need trout face :devi:
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

According to letters in yesterdays league express Klowns performance at the Cas Bradford game on Friday was woefull and inconsistant.I allso seem to remember Cummings saying at the start of the season that now that fulltime refs would be doinng the video refing were they were from did not countlike it would if they wereon the pitch
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

~*PAM*~ posted:
It was the Steve Ganson show on Sunday afternoon plus he missed loads of high tackles etc that Widnes were coming in with, and attempted ball steals.
Sorry, I can't totally agree with that. He let as much go for Wigan as it did for Widnes, we would have had a few problems if he and his flag-wavers could recognise forward passes because we got away with a lot of those, and some high shots as well. For once I don't think he was too bad, except for being too fussy around the scrums.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It seems Cummings is determined to make a point re video referees. Personally, I think it is simply something that could and should be avoided.

Hard to say but it appears with FT referees that we get the same referees more often. Just an impression, not looked at it properly.