Lockers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Lockers

Post by nathan_rugby »

Does anybody else agree he shudnt be captain ?

He is a liabilty. The amount of penalties he gives away is unreal. I counted a few today which was petty. for one he shouldnt be holding down etc, messin about at play the ball but he is the captain and should be setting an example. This happens every match and nobody seems to pick up on it.
In attack today he held onto the ball far to much, he was often in a 3 on 2 attack against st helens wing and centre and didnt release the ball.

Do not rate him at all.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Laura-xo

Re: Lockers

Post by Laura-xo »

I never used to get him.
I always thought he was a joke in attacking, which i still don't think he is outstanding in.
But, on the other hand, his defending is always up to scratch. And he is a very quick player with fast hands.
I do think he is a little young to be captain though. But who else could be it?
Barrett is an excelent speaker but has he been here long enough and know the team well enough to be named the skipper?

Laura
Loyal Supporters

He goes to the lefttt,
He goes to the riiiightt,
Mark Calderwood,,

Richards is Superman
honestly!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Doug the 2 was the coaching staff making the decision. One of our better players v Saints.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Doug the 2 was the coaching staff making the decision.
No surprise it wasn't Lockers decision then! Captain my back side.
One of our better players v Saints.
You are joking? I have defended Lockers as a player as opposed to a captain numerous times but today he was poor as both.

Dave

vikingstorm

Post by vikingstorm »

O'Loughlin is something of an Enigma. Great Defender at times but not a Line breaker.

He is developing a Good Fend/Hand off though with some superb upper body strength.

I recall him playing in the Cenre when he started and thought he might be a Great threequarter. Unfortunately he is n't fast enough

Worth having in the team, but Not a Great Britain player- Similar to Sinfield at Leeds
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

Laura was you watching tonights game. 2 tries came from his defensive errors. The man is in the team on name only
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

Similar to Sinfield .Ask Leeds if they would swap with us. You can here the laughing from across the pennines
pedro

Post by pedro »

jerseyman posted:
Laura was you watching tonights game. 2 tries came from his defensive errors. The man is in the team on name only
Agreed. He also blew 2 overlaps either half. I think he is playing well this season though. Today he was the worst wigan player apart from Withers who had a nightmare too.
Susi

Post by Susi »

Have to say Lockers not bad player usually. As for captain think he too young and not enough about him. You never see him fire the players up or go off at them when we're playing badly.
Give the job to someone with experience. Forme Barratt, but would be pleased to see one of our own lads there as long as they can lead.
He had a bad game last night and so did some of the others.
We'll have to learn from it and go stuff the rhinos tuesday.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dave O you will find it is standard practice for the coach to indicate whether ornot to kick or tap from a penalty.

As for Lockers. Yes I am serious. I thought he was one of our few players to actually play a decent game. He rarely missed a tackle, indeed he was one of the few players who seemed not to be intimidated by Fozzards illegal running style and repeatedly dropped him without a problem. Running wise he made more yards than every pack member bar Feka.

The bloke is a convenient bagging horse for people who know little. If somebody is criticising Lockers then they damn well better have criticised Fielden, Hock, Fletcher beforehand. I take Millard as a given.