Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Fielden

Post by cpwigan »

:angry: I was stood right next to the posts at Salford. Fielden conceded a stupid penalty and Salford went down our end and scored a try. Under the sticks Fielden was going mental at Ashton. Lost a fair bit of respect for Fielden after that.
turf

Re: Fielden

Post by turf »

He certainly DID give Ashton a right rollicking. Ashton looked frightened to death of him and just looked up to Fielden as if to say, "ok sir, whatever you say sir".

Fielden looked like he was going to HIT Ashton. What was the rollicking over? Or was it just frustration from Mr Fielden.

Fielden wanted to be rollicking Silverwood not Ashton.

I DO agree though, Fielden has gone down in my estimation for that.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

yeah, well not mine! if they went full length it suggests to me that ashton was out of position and his defense was quite questionable last night.

you criticise fielden for rollicking people yet when we want o'loughlin to do the same, and he doesn't, everyone goes mental!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well thats fair enough, i was at the game and i didn't see this.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

"Thanks daddy Fletch" should be what Ashton should say to Fletcher.

I agree, Ashton looked absolutely terrified. Thank goodness Fletcher came to Ashton's aid.

Fielden looked like he was about to hit Ashton. To point in his face was an absolute disgrace.

For what reason?!?!?!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I was behind the sticks and to be honest I was glad to see them so bothered that a try was conceded, at least their is some passion .
Ashton could have said something anyway for Fielden to react in the way he did don't think he is scared of him having read what he wrote about him pre season regarding the Mason punch .
Ashton wont be bothered about that its nothing to some of the bigger issues hes had to face this season .
Think the try you mentioned when Coley went in off a Dorn pass was called forward and didn't count and alls well that ends well.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
turf

Post by turf »

I VERY strongly agree with what has been said. There was no need WHATSOEVER for Fielden to give Ashton that sort of treatment (pointing in his face etc) when Fielden himself had just let someone past him for one of their tries.

He needs to show some venom going forward to opponents NOT his team mates. No wonder Ashton was shaking in his boots by the time Fielden had finished with him.

I'll bet Ashton knew what Fielden could do when he kicked off on the opposition - well I am afraid Mr Fielden kicked off on a shell shocked and shaking Ashton.

A disgrace Mr Fielden!!!! Get a grip!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

We don't know the ins and outs Ashton may well have blamed fielden or said something out of place for him to react the way he did ,the blokes played in bigger games and at international level and I don't remember a reaction from him like that ,just makes you think and where Ashton is involved it would not surprise me if he brought it on him self.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The whole point was that the try was the result of Fieldens ill discipline. When you make a cock up you do not look for scape goats and I think the try was the second one where 3 or 4 Wigan players had hold of Coley and he got his arm free to reach down and score. Not even sure Ashton was involved in the tackle. Struck me as a team mate bullying another.

I captained lots of teams and one of the reason I did is everybody was treated the same and I did so with respect. If I had to say something I did so without screaming at them. Players do not need that, they know if and when they have made a mistake. I also encouraged them non stop and built them up. If I made a cock up, I held my hand up. A big part of team spirit is knowing you will back each other up and go out of your way to help each other.
turf

Post by turf »

With people on here saying Ashton wrote something about Fielden after the Tri Nations/Mason incident, it makes you wonder if Ashton had previously said something that Fielden did NOT like the sounds of.

Mind you, I don't think that even Ashton is brave enough to say something to Fielden, not the way he looked after Fielden rollicked him.