Tickets, Tickets ... My Precioussss !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Tickets, Tickets ... My Precioussss !!

Post by 100% Warrior »

Been down to JJB for my tickets for next Saturday.

Due to an incorrect announcement on the radio (which stated tickets went on sale at 10am) I queued from 9am this morning until the ticket office opened at 12pm.

It was a long wait but .... hell it was worth it.

WIGAN RUGBY,
WIGAN RUGBY FC,
WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM,
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN !!!!!
wanny

Re: Tickets, Tickets ... My Pr...

Post by wanny »

well i couldnt get down to get my tickets so i sent my dad down to get them for us. He was turned away because they said there wee too many in the queue. Luckly i phoned up and managed to order them that way but bloody hell theres going to be a lot of Wiganers there on Saturday i hve a feeling the attendance will top 64,000

I just cannot wait. hehehehehhehehehe
johnsons_babexx

Re: Tickets, Tickets ... M...

Post by johnsons_babexx »

Got to the ticket office this morn at 8.45 expecting to be the first ones there couldnt believe it when there was already 50 or so people then found out what had been on the radio. I phoned the jjb 3 timews last week just to make sure that every1 could by buy tickets and not just season ticket holders and then they told me it was opening at 12.

Well then finally after a 4 hr wait we finally got our tickets after an argument with the bloke behind the desk. Bring back the days of gordon in the lotto shop he got through the queues 10 times faster than the people at the ticket office.

What happened at 5 did they just close or did they serve every1 waiting cos when i drove back past at about 4 o clock they were still queued up to east corner.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah they sent a steward down to end and said no more after this point cause were closing at 5, but they said they'd serve all them still waiting. If they hadnt there would have seriously been one massive riot, im patient but after that amount of time even I was getting a bit cold and tired. Well done to all who stayed tho!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Deltic3

Post by Deltic3 »

I must have been near you Mrs Lam, because i only got my tickets at 5.20. After waiting 4 hours!!!

I cannot believe that the club treat us this way!! My family along with many others have paid over £600 in season tickets this year and we are told that we have to cue up with the general public!!!!

Surely that is one of the supposed benefits of having a season ticket, i have nothing against pay on the day speccies but what happened to season ticket holders getting priority???

They only had to give ticket holders this afternoon and then put them on general sale tomorrow morning.

The telephone hotline was a joke as i cut my wife and mum off every 15-20 mins.

And to top it all we don't even get an appology - it is left to 2 miserable stewards to sort the mess out. I hope somebody at the club will be held accountable for this, any other club wounld not fream of treating their fans in this way!

As has been already posted there was never this farce at Central Park - bring back Gordon, he knew how to sort tickets out!!!

Anyway rant over, just relieved that i managed to get some tickets after today's chaos. Hope the lads do us proud!!!!

BRING ON THE BULLSH*T!!!!
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

From what i can gather there was originally going to be 3 windows for season ticket holders and 2 for general public. They were then going to sort the fans according to the windows but fans at the front got a bit narked by this as some had been there since 8 and thought that if they did this then fans that had arrived later would of all pushed to the front to form the other queues. I think then from what fans were saying was that it was decided that it would stay as one queue and that when a window became available then you went to that window.

I can understand your frustration being a season ticket holder and that you think you should get priority but i dont hold a season ticket but yet i have been to every game this season. Unfortunatly at the start of the season i could not afford a season ticket so decided i would pay every game.

Im glad they did it how it was, everyone had a fair advantage and im sure that most people went home happy.

I know i did and now after 5 hrs sleep, after getting home last night ( the motorway was closed and had to de route through chorley) at 2 and then setting of at 7.30 this morning i am gonna go to sleep and dream of sat night and millwards face when we lift the cup.

COME ON YOU WIGAN!!!!
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I have to agree with you Deltic have season tickets, be at the games week in week out etc... should give you first dabs at tickets so loyalty does pay off. I just wondered how many of those in the queue didn't even bother to turn up for the majority of the home games and also ..... where were they against Warrington the other week when the crowd was low????

The club should have anticipated this far better. 4 hours is stupid!!!
Deltic3

Post by Deltic3 »

johnsons_babexx posted:
I can understand your frustration being a season ticket holder and that you think you should get priority but i dont hold a season ticket but yet i have been to every game this season. Unfortunatly at the start of the season i could not afford a season ticket so decided i would pay every game.

Im glad they did it how it was, everyone had a fair advantage and im sure that most people went home happy.
I appreciate that people have different circumstances when it comes to season tickets, but the whole point of having a season ticket is for priority in such events. I am not questioning loyalty just the stupid way that the club handled today!

It always used to be season ticket holders first and like i said that should have happened today and then tomorrow put the tickets on general sale.

As for people going home happy, everybody around me (after waiting 4 hours) went home pretty pissed off!!

Yes, we have all got tickets but after spending 1 hour in a telephone cue, 45 mins driving to wigan, then to spend 4 hours standing still is a pretty shaby state of affairs!!! (not to mention the stinking cold that i am starting with!)

Just hope saturday is worth it!!!

BRING ON THE BULLSH*T!!!

robjoenz

Re: Tickets, Tickets ... My Pr...

Post by robjoenz »

Can anyone tell me which stand Wigan fans have been allocated for Saturday. I (optimistically) got tickets when they first went on sale and am in the East Stand. I fear that seeing as it is opposite the big screen I'll be with Bullsh1ters because they have prefence of tickets with being first drawn?
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

You'll have to sing up ronjoenz cos you will be with the opposition Chuck ... but don't worry we'll be able to hear you ... cos they'll be stunned into silence!!!!!! ;0)