General Rumours!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Martin Taylor

General Rumours!

Post by Martin Taylor »

I own a fishery in Wigan so tend to get some rugby league players, trainers, scouts and general people involved with clubs like Wigan, Warrington, Salford and Widnes on a regular basis! Because of this, and my obvious passion for the game, i sepend most of my time chatting rugby to people on the fishery! Therefore, as you can imagine i get to hear a lot of stories and runours around the clubs! Some i suspect are just rubbish while others seem to carry more weight! A couple of the Wigan trainers are regular visitors, so i very often get my fill of information from them!
So here is what i have recently been told:

From a number of reliable sources involved with both Wigan and Salford, Andy Coley is said to be %100 on board at Wigan next season! The club had even looked at bringing him in at some stage this season, but he is said to be a dead sert for next year!
The same goes for Shaun Briscoe, i was even told that this was being finalised about the 2 - 3 week into the season, when Briscoe was 'dropped' for a week or two due to a 'lack of form'
The players about two weeks ago at Wigan were all talking about Jason Ryles over lunch! A trainer at Wigan was in the room at the time and said it was being discussed by all!
In the more 'unreliable' or 'not to be believed' category of rumours, John Martin (is he still a director at Wigan?) who knows my dad quite well, told us both just a month back that we should expect to see Peacock in a Wigan shirt next season!!! He was very assured about this i must add!

So i just thought i would share with you all what i get to here day in day out! Please don't shoot me down, as like i say as yet they are just rumours i here. However, i will say this, the Briscoe and Coley runours i do here on a regular basis from people who are genuinely involved with clubs like Wigan, Salford, Warrington!
- psycho -

Re: General Rumours!

Post by - psycho - »

i knew about peacock rumour a long time ago, i have a feeling he signed this season.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

rumour as it that there is a rumour that some one knows some one who as herd a rumour that some one said it was true that there indeed is a rumour that some one may be coming next year , but then again who believes in rumours .

OR IS IT A FACT

that the rumours are infact just

RUMOURS

:) :) :) :) :baaa:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

OAM posted:
rumour as it that there is a rumour that some one knows some one who as herd a rumour that some one said it was true that there indeed is a rumour that some one may be coming next year , but then again who believes in rumours .

OR IS IT A FACT

that the rumours are infact just

RUMOURS

:) :) :) :) :baaa:
Well, i just thought that people might like to know what is being talked about! I really don't see the point of your reply in truth. Would it not have been easier just not to post! After all it is a rumour mill last time i checked! :eusa15:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

yes and Ive eared a well very tall story that this board is for yes folks you guessed it rumors can you believe someone posted a rumor on here quick call the police :D :D
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

rumour i'v heard around because of my dads mates with a warrington scout who lives in wigan and it is rumoured that Mark Smith and Bob Beswick(how eva ya spel is name) are on about coming back playin for wigan next season. Mark Smith would have signed for Leeds last season but they didnt offer him enough he was being paid more money at Widnes then what Leeds were offering. So Smithy is on about oming back to Wigan as they are thinkin of releasing Millard and also bringing in Briscoe like one of the guys said before
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Brad5926 posted:
rumour i'v heard around because of my dads mates with a warrington scout who lives in wigan and it is rumoured that Mark Smith and Bob Beswick(how eva ya spel is name) are on about coming back playin for wigan next season. Mark Smith would have signed for Leeds last season but they didnt offer him enough he was being paid more money at Widnes then what Leeds were offering. So Smithy is on about oming back to Wigan as they are thinkin of releasing Millard and also bringing in Briscoe like one of the guys said before
That would be a bit of a surprise. Much as I always liked Mark Smith as a player, the club didn't always seem to agree and one of the reasons he left was because they weren't prepared to offer him a contract of more than 12 months at a time. His agent, who also happened to end up coaching at Widnes, was able to get him a longer-term deal in pollutionland so off he went. Would he want to come back, having messed around with contracts before? I wouldn't complain, and he's been great for Widnes, but he'd want to be sure he's getting a proper deal.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

ano i was thinking he same thing because to be honest with you adont think any wigan fan would pick millard over Smithy because he wasnt doing much wrong when he was playin for us the first time
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Bck to the original post.
Briscoe and Coley both seem feasible signings, but Peacock and Ryles? Could we afford them?
Mind you, if DV goes at the end of the season (with his alleged wages), you never know :wink:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Peaock seemed a feasible signing once Noble was installed here. But now, with rumours about Noble heading off to Leeds, it seems somewhat less likely.