Wells high tackle:

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Wells high tackle:

Post by GeoffN »

"Sending-off sufficient!

http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/superl ... hp?id=7969

I still don't see any consistency.
highland convert

Re: Wells high tackle:

Post by highland convert »

Wear sun glasses as defence against whitewash. Snow blindness is a posibility :conf: :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:o I await Rob

To be honest, the disciplinary arm of the RFL do a great disservice to match officials and players alike. Incredulous re this outcome.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

The disciplinary commitee are a bloody disgrace

:devi:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

We should'nt have sending off's unless its a very very very serious offence it spoils the game.... wakefield V hull kr i guy got sent off final score 30-15 to the team with 13 men. wigan V harlequins guy got sent off final score 25-6 to the team with 13 men.

Or you should let the guy who got sent off be replaced by a sub and the guy with the red card to not return to the game
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

Shevi 4 life posted:
We should'nt have sending off's unless its a very very very serious offence it spoils the game.... wakefield V hull kr i guy got sent off final score 30-15 to the team with 13 men. wigan V harlequins guy got sent off final score 25-6 to the team with 13 men.

Or you should let the guy who got sent off be replaced by a sub and the guy with the red card to not return to the game
The problem with not sending a player off for a seroius offence when someone gets hurt is that team with the injured player do not get any benefit. There appears to be a lot of players put on repost to subsequently be banned. The club with the banned player can still field 13 players the following week. I think Ben Thaler did the right thing in sending Wells off as from where I stood it looked fairly bad. I also tend to agree that sending off was sufficient. hHrlequins have been punished severely by getting knocked out of the cup.

There have been a couple of our lads put on report - Bailey at Leeds and Thomas L at home to Hull - and both had no cases to answer. I'm sure Leeds and Hull fans weren't too happy with the outcome so I don't think we should complain too loudly with the Wells decision. As my mate Rob J says, these Super League referees are very highly trained individuals and don't make any mistakes, and he should know!
bertina

Post by bertina »

GeoffN posted:
"Sending-off sufficient!

http://www.therfl.co.uk/~therflc/superl ... hp?id=7969

I still don't see any consistency.
Unbelievable!!! If it had been Morley or Newton they would have got 6 matches for an offence as blatant as that.
Yet again the RFL show to the rest of the sporting world just how inept they are as a governing body.
A player tries to knock an opponents head off by elbowing him in the face, is sent off immediately by the referee on the spot, but his actions are almost condoned by the powers that be in the sport.
What kind of message does this send out to both players and referees alike ?
Unbelievable, bloody unbelievable!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Ah but your all forgetting one vital thing here, he wasn't wearing a Wigan shirt therefore is free to go. :eh:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shevi 4 life posted:
So what? If it costs a team a victory then the coaches will stop their players committing the offences. If they don't get sent off they won't. It's that simple.

Players do not get sent off for anything other than serious offences so I am not sure what your points is.

When Joe Lydon was playing we went through a period of if you got sent off for a high tackle you picked up an automatic EIGHT match ban. Players got sent off (including Lydon for what Monie thought was a brilliant tackle) got banned and high tackles were reduced drastically.
So the tactic is send on some no mark useless thug to take out Trent Barrett in the first minute who then gets sent off to be replaced by a sub who is a good player, who doesn't have to face Trent who is now on his way to hospital with a broken jaw.

Brilliant idea :doz:

Dave
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont know why people on here mention morley for being rough and a dirty player aswell!

He is the fairest player i know, in fact he's so fair that when he goes to take someone out he injures himself in their place, what a guy! if only all players were as kind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure