Just Watched...........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Just Watched...........

Post by turf »

The highlights of our display on Sunday, and I have got to say, you lot who went up to Wakey did not deserve to see that humiliation.

I felt sorry for you, when I realised just HOW bad the defence REALLY was.

That last try was the most embarassing display of defence I think I have seen since Miava walked through us at the JJB.

When Moore (I think it was?) ran towards Calderwood, did you see CA, he was tackling the wrong person, leaving Calderwood all on his own to deal with Moore.

It sounds like CA's criticism on here on Sunday was justified. Probably (and there is not much to choose from) one of CA's worst defensive displays this year.

I also saw Hock's right hander, it was a belter!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jinkin jimmy

Re: Just Watched...........

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Where did you get the highlights from?
- psycho -

Re: Just Watched.............

Post by - psycho - »

try the boots n all online show.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Re: Just Watched...........

Post by - psycho - »

oh jesus! i ebt he felt that in the morning, gareth hock what a haymaker. christ.

turf

Post by turf »

That was another one of my points in my post psycho, what the fek was he doing?!?!?! :( :( :( :(

He was tackling the wrong player wasn't he. While Moore was shrugging off Calderwood (who Ashton left COMPLETELY on his own) Ashton was too busy in trying to polax another Wakefield player who hadn't even got the flaming ball.

God he does annoy me sometimes CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD FB play on show from him on Sunday. I'll bet Noble will have a few "choice" words with him about that display this week on training.

Another point is:

If Silverwood had seen Ashton tackling someone without the ball, would he have to have given the penalty to Wakefield and given Ashton 10 minutes in the bin?

Or was Silverwood playing advantage as he knew Wakefield were in a scoring position?
Dave Q

Post by Dave Q »

- psycho - posted:
oh jesus! i ebt he felt that in the morning, gareth hock what a haymaker. christ.
The punch completely missed
turf

Post by turf »

Dave Q posted:
- - posted:
It's a dam good job. That would have broken his nose or jaw wouldn't it?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf posted:
That was another one of my points in my post psycho, what the fek was he doing?!?!?! :( :( :( :(

He was tackling the wrong player wasn't he. While Moore was shrugging off Calderwood (who Ashton left COMPLETELY on his own) Ashton was too busy in trying to polax another Wakefield player who hadn't even got the flaming ball.

God he does annoy me sometimes CA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Silverwood had have seen Ashton tackling someone without the ball, he would have to have given the penalty to Wakefield and given Ashton 10 minutes in the bin wouldfn't he?

Or was Silverwood playing advantage as he knew Wakefield were in a scoring position?
Having not seen the incident, was there not the possibility that the player Ashton did tackle could have received the ball from Moore, who is after all a prop and not really expected to run for the line? If both Ashton and Calderwood had gone for the same player, then an offload to the support player would probably have led to the same result? Ashton is expected to take on players 1-on-1 but then you could argue the same for Calderwood, even if he did have to face a much bigger player. Given that I think we were down to 12 men at the time then gaps will have inevitably started to appear in the line, and the players have to make a judgement who might get the ball.

Pure speculation but it's not totally uncommon to see players take out dummy runners if they think they might receive the ball, the timing is often split-second between committing to the tackle and not committing to the tackle. Moore maybe fed the dummy, Ashton went for it and got caught out. He wouldn't be the first fullback, or any other player, to fall for the trick.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Dave Q posted:
- psycho - posted:
doesn't look like that to me. looks like he catches him, then jeffries soils himself and backs off and ned friggin catic jumps in. useless piece of crap :conf: