Bradford!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rach15

Bradford!

Post by rach15 »

In another post i was saying that bradfords 3/4 line was all foreign so thats 4 players, plus joe vagana so thats 5 ,without including robbie paul they have 5 unless theres more i dont no about!!

Now thy've signed logann swann from NZ!!

How many do they want? Is the limit 4 next year?

Do they have any who are actually fom bradford?
Unlike us who have loads of wiganers in our team!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
tihsllub

Re: Bradford!

Post by tihsllub »

readon is from bradford I think thats one :D paul parker.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I think Robbie Paul may well no longer count as an overseas player because of the length of time that he has been here.

The pride in bringing glory to your home town club is likely to start paying dividends for us from next season.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i know they have loads of foreign players but like someone said how do they get round the overseas qouta?in my mind it doesnt matter if the player has been her 5 or 6 years he still comes from another country
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
WIgan you sore losing gets

Post by WIgan you sore losing gets »

Just two words for you jokers: SALARY CAP!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

WIgan you sore losing gets posted:
Just two words for you jokers: SALARY CAP!
Yawn. Change the record, and don't come back unless you've got some evidence that we have broken some salary cap rules. As I recall three clubs were penalised this season, none were us, and with the players we've released this year we should be even further under the limit than before.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mario

Post by mario »

i think pryce is from bradford, but he's going down! so he won't count. let them have all the overseas players they want. they'll be lucky to finish 3rd next season
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

For the benefit of fans of opposing teams (why aren't you on your own sites?) this is the situation with the salary cap.

When it was introduced, we had a squad on long term contracts, where the combined value was far greater than the amount of the cap. What did you expect us to do, fire them? We would still have had to pay their wages if we had. This isn't rocket science is it? Tell us where the breach comes in.

The salary cap is for the benefit of clubs who cannot manage their finances. Do clubs really need telling not to spend 1 1/2 times their income on salaries? It is a joke of a system designed to stop Wigan winning everything. One which i cannot imagine would survive a legal challenge.

At Salford last season, one fan made a jibe about the salary cap and later praised the performance of Adrian Lam. He did not seem to realise that world stars cost money and we can expect fewer of them in the future.

However, after a few years in the doldrums, this hurdle is about to be overcome. You've had some fun for a few years but Wigan are about to regain their place at the top of the game.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
tihsllub

Post by tihsllub »

Posted this in the other post Magnificent 8!!!!

I'll try and get this correct.
Kohe-love isn't on the overseas list because of the 5 year rule along with Robbie Paul also Vaikona. Also Vainikolo & Vagana are from tonga and somoa and are not on the oversea's list because of this new European law that's recently been introduced.

Sooo on the over seas list is Withers, Swann, Hape and >vagana< I think

amen

I'm not sticking up for B***Sh*t but I think it's quite clever and most clubs use this method to get around the overseas quota even wigan with lam and jamie anscough (sp)

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

tihsllub posted:
I'm not sticking up for B***Sh*t but I think it's quite clever and most clubs use this method to get around the overseas quota even wigan with lam and jamie anscough (sp)

Erm, no we didn't. Lam, Ainscough and O'Neill were probably all potentially exempt from the quota this year due to grandparent rules and whatever, but Wigan never made any use of that. Next year, assuming the outstanding contracts are signed, Lam, Dallas, Smith and Pongia will be our overseas players.

Bratfud are having a laugh at the system by hiring so many foreign players, but also they can't be helping the youth structures around their city. If you're a kid learning rugby in West Yorkshire, where are you going to want to play? Bratfud, except there are so many foreigners you won't ever get in the team, or Leeds who have a good youth setup like us? Personally I think there should be a reverse quota, you can have x number of overseas players, but you also have to have x number of players from within a (say) 10 mile radius of the club. London may need to be an exception, but even they are beginning to get some local players coming through. Look how much happier Wigan are now for having so many Wigan players, look how much happier the supporters are with that situation, and look how much more pride there seems to be within the local community. We need to the local kids coming through to keep the game going, and bringing in endless Aussies and Kiwis could end up stifling the development of the game.

And whilst I hate to sound like a broken-record supporter from another team, I'm sure these imports must cost lots of money, perhaps leading to breaches of the salary cap...?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]