What a match, b v stains

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

What a match, b v stains

Post by highland convert »

St helens played in terrible conditions, Bradford obviously played in the sunshine. From 60 minutes a draw would be fair. The commentators still cannot say well done Bradford. Sickening. Now they are trying to down play Wilkins. Still praising st nothing abot B. Get rid asp
ancientnloyal

Re: What a match, b v stains

Post by ancientnloyal »

you in a hurry? :lol:

10-4 to bradford... wilkin sent off?? gilmour off injured???

looking good for us next week but i just saw 1 minute (just walked through door) of after match debate and they were mentioning poor st helens... Eddie is a scouser thats why.

Well done to Bradford
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thegimble

Re: What a match, b v stains

Post by thegimble »

Was the same on Sky last night Stevo said Leeds would be fresher than us in his webpage.

On the night commentators exscuse for Leeds. they played Saints the week before with 1 less day to prepare. Then someone pointed out we played Bradford that very same night.

Within a second Yes but Wigan played home for the 2 games.

Mcrae said that home and away has nothing to do with it its abour preperation.
turf

Re: What a match, b v stai...

Post by turf »

Bentham had a big game tonight, he missed a few things, he was also right to use his touch judges and the VR (Ben Thaler?) for the Wilkin sending off.

Thaler also had a good game being the VR. He was correct to disallow the try where Bentham called held.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Nobby`s Girl posted:

What do you think about the sending off? Match ban or not? :conf: I hope its 2
Definitely 2 games, I'd say; ours and the cup semi.

:)
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Nobby`s Girl posted:

What do you think about the sending off? Match ban or not? :conf: I hope its 2 :lol: Must admit thou the high shot just before him was just as bad.
High tackle was bad. It was lined up. Thump. But stains will mean it was send off suff. When Bradford broke clear towards the end the player was deliberately pushed in the back. Should have been a penalty. Commentators said justice was done. The Bradford try was good so where was the justice. They never even went back to check!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

the two shots where disgusting :angry:

cayless caught st hilaire right on the kipper, it was compeletly intentional and quite frankly uncalled for. it was a swinging fore arm! how can the ref not put something like that on report, fair enough st hilaire was falling but jesus!

as for wilkin, well it was a red and i hope he gets the ban.

i hope gilmour's injury isn't to serious as a follower of the sport, however our job could be alot easier if he doesn't play next week.

im glad bradford won and im not. one, because i wanted to catch them in third. seemingly they will pull away come monday. saints didn't deserve the win after attempting the cheat steal (leon pryce) at the end. it made me throw a malteaser at the tv, which the dog then ate. :eusa4:

a good match, entertaining and a great bradford defense.

based on these last two weeks, with the top 4 battling it out, we would be top :lol:

bring on the snakes.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The SKY muppets never picked up that Bentham had asked Thalers view. Not sure how Wilkin can defend the tackle, he jumped up to make it, so there is no way his arm could go anywhere but in the face of the opponent. No, hit him low then bumped upwaerds excuse possible. Gilmour injury too.

Take a look at quite a few of these Saints players, ageing and ready for the end. Saints could be in a bad position in future seasons. Especially when Anderson returns to the NRL and maybe takes a couple of younger players with him.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

- psycho - posted:
it made me throw a malteaser at the tv, which the dog then ate.
Big dog, is it?
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

looka t the players in their dieing days.

cunnigham
scully
gilmour getting on
long
fozz
talau
wellens is early 30s yes?

hmmmm, could be a different team in a few eyars when the dead wood is gone.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------