Not looking good for Salford:

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Not looking good for Salford:

Post by GeoffN »

Wire 42 Salford 6

wigan_twins

Re: Not looking good for Salfo...

Post by wigan_twins »

ohh dear.
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
wigan_twins

Re: Not looking good for S...

Post by wigan_twins »

:D oh dear. That was my great input to the thread :lol:
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

wigan_twins posted:
:D oh dear. That was my great input to the thread :lol:
My thought, It would be a shame if another club from this side of the Pennines was to be relegated.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Widnes/Leigh
Castleford
2007 - Salford
2008 - Wigan
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Should be an even number of clubs, either side of the Pennines, in the Super League. :D

Then us on God's side of the divide can stick together and start to dictate rubbish, that we have been getting from Yorkshire sides over the last decade or so. :D
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

butt monkey posted:
Should be an even number of clubs, either side of the Pennines, in the Super League. :D

Then us on God's side of the divide can stick together and start to dictate rubbish, that we have been getting from Yorkshire sides over the last decade or so. :D
Looking wider afield, this weekend has seen some potentially bad results for us. Whilst we're no longer under threat of a 12 point deduction, even a 6 point loss will drop us from 4th to 9th with the likes of Huddersfield, Warrington and Hull all getting victories over teams above them. The way the league is this season, after the first 3 it's still all to play for with respect to the other play-off places, and I think we really need to be in there this season.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
butt monkey posted:

Looking wider afield, this weekend has seen some potentially bad results for us. Whilst we're no longer under threat of a 12 point deduction, even a 6 point loss will drop us from 4th to 9th with the likes of Huddersfield, Warrington and Hull all getting victories over teams above them. The way the league is this season, after the first 3 it's still all to play for with respect to the other play-off places, and I think we really need to be in there this season.
True, but our fate's in our own hands. Unless we suddenly revert to the way we played against Wakey etc, we've a reasonably easy run-in. Apart from the two Saints games (and with current form of both teams I wouldn't write us off), we've got Catalans, Wire, Salford, Quins, Huddersfield & HKR.

Oh, and the Bulls at Wembley, of course...
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: Mmmm, Fraggle I thought the opposite. Nobody gained points to close in on our existing points total. So if we do get penalised, we will yes be in a pack of clubs BUT none will be too far from us. This should have been a period in the fixture list when lower clubs gained on the top 4 with all the top 4 playing each other for 2/3 rounds. It has not happened. Moreover, Salford are well and truly stuck at the bottom.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Looking at Salford's remaining fixtures, they must be worried:

Bradford
Hull
HKR
Leeds
Saints
Wigan
Quins
Wire