lam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

lam

Post by warrior till i die »

well it looks like lammys career is at an end (according to rlfans.com) we all hope it isnt the end of adrians career but if it is who do you think should wigan buy to play or put on the bench????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????
???????????????? :( :(
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Fraggle

Re: lam

Post by Fraggle »

This is sad news if it comes to pass that he won't play for us again. When he recovers there won't be much left of next season, but I'd love to see him in our colours again. I'm not sure if there are any suitable scrum halves available for us if we do decide to bring someone else in, and Robinson isn't quite the finished article yet.

Anyway, best wishes to Lammy for his recovery, I hope everything goes ok for him.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I hope Lammy proves the doctors wrong (as Wigan players often do) and makes his recovery in 3 months. The op was on his cruciate ligament (which used to be a career ender), but now-a-days, its pretty common to come back from this sort of injury. I expect the papers have just picked up on the 6-12 month thing and are speculating about retirement without having talked to the player himself. :conf: :doz:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Perhaps Maurice did know something when he bought Danny Orr as until this news I was never sure we needed another Half Back when we already had 4 at the club :blush:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Perhaps Maurice did know something then when he bought Danny Orr because until this news I was never sure why he did when we already had 4 half backs at the club. :)
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I still think Robinson needs another year as an understudy before he can step into the scrum half role full time. Its a lot of pressure for a young kid to be under - it could make or break him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

tell you what i would do i would put luke robinson in every game! he will never be the finished article if we dont let him.ok wigan may not win everything with him there next season but you have to invest in youth. what a confidence boost this would give him he can only get better and he will!!!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Mike posted:
Its a lot of pressure for a young kid to be under - it could make or break him.
I agree but with the coaching staff, players and fan support he will make it. Look at O'Loughlin and Aspinwall, they've been thrown right in, O'Loughlin has had a few bad games but he's only young and learning and I don't agree with the bad press he's been getting. Aspinwall is virtually same age too and look how he has progressed. I have to agree with The Grinch, Robbo is good enough for the position, play him to give him more experience.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Ho hum.....I am very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sad abou this whole Lam situation.

He brings the squad together (in a different way to Farrell). We are a far more creative team when he plays than when he's off the field.

I have to say, I have my doubts in whether Robinson is up to the task for the next season, but maybe if he gets a good thing going with Orr then this could work....but it's not going to be easy. :doz: