Any News On...........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Any News On...........

Post by turf »

Fielden's injury.

It must have been an extremely hard and (illegal knowing Klown) hit to knock him clean out for SO long.

Hope he's ok. :( :(

Didn't look good with the amoutn of time he was flat out. His eyes were shut as well weren't they.
butt monkey

Re: Any News On...........

Post by butt monkey »

He was sat back in the dugout about 30 minutes after going off. Thankfully he looked ok, perhaps a little worse for wear.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Post by turf »

butt monkey posted:
Thankfully he looked ok, perhaps a little worse for wear.
I am not surprised. Could do with him next week for the semi.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

turf posted:
butt monkey posted:
Thankfully he looked ok, perhaps a little worse for wear.
I am not surprised. Could do with him next week for the semi.
But might not get him. If he's diagnosed as having concussion then there's a mandatory rest period before players are allowed to play again.

According to Sporting Life, Prescott's got a suspected broken ankle.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... uotes.html
Wigan forward Paul Prescott was taken to hospital with a suspected broken ankle after tonight's 19-12 derby defeat at St Helens.

The Warriors also lost Great Britain front-rower Stuart Fielden with concussion just three minutes into the engage Super League match and he, too, is doubtful for next week's Challenge Cup semi-final against Catalans Dragons.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
turf

Post by turf »

Fraggle posted:
But might not get him. If he's diagnosed as having concussion then there's a mandatory rest period before players are allowed to play again.
Not looking good then????? Fielden COULD be a VERY big miss, as could Prescott, who I think does some very good work that goes un noticed.

Ashton to comeback anyone????????
JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

turf posted:
Fraggle posted:
Not looking good then????? Fielden COULD be a VERY big miss, as could Prescott, who I think does some very good work that goes un noticed.

Ashton to comeback anyone????????
:conf: Yes Ashton in the forwards what an ideal replacement!!!What planet are you on if you think that the loss of Fielden and Prescott can be made up by getting "Chris run the other way Ashton" back into the squad. :conf:
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Rest period for cuncussion is 1 week. Fielden should be fine for next week. Prescott maybe not, but I'd prefer O'caroll anyway.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fraggle I believe if they pass various tests they are deemed fit now after being concussed. Back in the day it just use to be an automatic fortnight out.

Prescott seems jinxed :(
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
Fraggle I believe if they pass various tests they are deemed fit now after being concussed. Back in the day it just use to be an automatic fortnight out.

Prescott seems jinxed :(
That's correct, cp; they take various tests (reflexes, reactions and such) at the start of the season, to establish a benchmark, and they have to get close to the same results to be allowed to play again after a concussion.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

If neither of them make it to the game next week our pack will back light

Feka will have to do longer stints which i think he could, with Ocarrol and maybe utilise Fletcher at prop
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR