Our fate was sealed last week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Our fate was sealed last week

Post by cpwigan »

St Helens coach Daniel Anderson on Jon Wilkin's sending-off:
"I don't think he hit him flush on the chin. I think it came close to his chin but ricocheted off his chest.

"If he did, I stand corrected. But I've seen plenty worse against us this year and nothing gets done.

"I'm tired of inept officiating. We turn a blind eye to it every week - all of them, the referee, the touch judges and video refs.

"Because we're top of the comp, I reckon we get refereed more harshly than any other team."
Rob will tell you referees are immune to what is said etc. Poppycock. They are humans and as such they are influenced by such things. Whatsmore, when the RFL failed to lay disrepute charges upon Anderson that vindicates his statement and gives officials zero support from their controlling body.
St Helens forward Jon Wilkin will miss Friday's Super League derby with Wigan after being given a one-match ban.
The Great Britain player was sent off for a high tackle on Matt James in Friday's 10-4 loss to Bradford.

He was found guilty of a reckless tackle and fined £300 but will be able to play in next week's Challenge Cup semi-final, also against the Bulls.
The RFL then sent a signal to the St Helens squad that foul play would not be punished. Rob may well wonder why supporters wanted 3 matches. Had that happened would the likes of Cunnigham been so eager to dish it out tonight?

Nobby must use the media to reverse the pressure and put the focus back on Saints.
turf

Re: Our fate was sealed last w...

Post by turf »

I think DA had a secret meeting with AK before tonight's game.

If this did not happen, then Klein refereed like it did.

There was NOTHING wrong with the try he chalked off for Colbon.

He probably forgot he was on tele. He forgot everything else.
Matthew

Re: Our fate was sealed la...

Post by Matthew »

And it looks like the least sporting coach in RL is at it again:

Witness this from the stains coach about KFC's challenge on Richards:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... uotes.html
daniel anderson tried to influence the disciplinary by saying:
"I thought he caught him on his shoulder," he said. "He came back on to the field at the back end."
So Richards was knocked out by a blow to the shoulder? That's why he needed oxygen? Someone should tell boxers - it would make their job a lot easier
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

How long has the shoulder been halfway down the arm?!?!?! :conf: :conf: :conf:

It was deliberate, inetentional, callous, sneeky, cunning, and pre mediated and he should have been sent off by Ashley "the bottler" Klown.

Daniel Anderson is a complete and utter thick t*t - end of!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:angry: Another quote from Mr Anderson
I asked them to get the two points and I didn't care how.
Mmm, we know
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Matthew posted:
And it looks like the least sporting coach in RL is at it again:

Witness this from the stains coach about KFC's challenge on Richards:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... uotes.html
daniel anderson tried to influence the disciplinary by saying:
"I thought he caught him on his shoulder," he said. "He came back on to the field at the back end."
So Richards was knocked out by a blow to the shoulder? That's why he needed oxygen? Someone should tell boxers - it would make their job a lot easier
He meant Cunningham caught Richards (head) with his shoulder.

It was his upper arm in truth. it wasn't an elbow. I imagine he will get no case to answer, it will be difficult to prove intent - KFCs arms were not high - Richards was going down as cunningham joined the tackle. However, we know there is always intent with KFC :angry:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Mike posted:
However, we know there is always intent with KFC :angry:
You all dislike Cunningham and Saint Helens hence want there to be intent.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Rob. The arm was swinging. It was not a shoulder charge. Whether he intended ball arm or head is subject to debate. Intent is not. The arm achieved what was intended. Much worse insidents went unchallenged. HC
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rob, KC knew exactly what he was doing. I hate 3rd men coming in when a player is tackled. Experienced players know a player held is unable to relax their head and thus vulnerable. He simply went looking to make contact with Pats head with whatever he could. The part of his body was almost irrelevant.

Some players particularly those with past players in their families are knowledgable in the dark arts of yesteryear rugby.
OJ

Post by OJ »

I don't know what it is about him (it's not just because he is coach at St Helens cos I felt like this when he was NZ coach) but he has to be the most bland individual I've seen in a long time. Listening to him would be a great cure for insomnia but he doesn't half get worked up if things don't go his way doesn't he?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.