SKY SPORTS BIASED?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jammie

SKY SPORTS BIASED?

Post by jammie »

i am surprised eddie & stevo didn't prise the st.helens water carrier or the guy that brings out the kicking tee.did we get a mention for anything good .wellens should be up for man of steel not barret,great sthelens defence,great kick by long.FOR GODS SAKE THERE ARE TWO TEAMS PLAYING NOT JUST STAINS.PR makes a great tackle one on one to save a try not a mention,stains do it OH MY GOD IT'S WORLD CLASS.there just like the rest of sl they hate wigan.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Webby71

Re: SKY SPORTS BIASED?

Post by Webby71 »

Not so sure it's that they hate Wigan because to be fair they are the same whoever Saints play, also if you read Stevo's match preview on the boots n all website you cant help but notice it consisted of 50% Sean Longs return, 45% how good Saints are and 5% to say that Wigan were unchanged from the Leeds game. It gets my goat how often they refer to them as THE CHAMPIONS, cant remember us Leeds or Bradford being referred as that too much when we were. I agree its an obvious biased, it would be intersting to gauge other teams fans views on this if anyone out there knows of a way how? Is there a website out there for all SL fans to post their views?
Hullen Edge

Post by Hullen Edge »

I try not to get too carried away when talking about Skys RL coverage - it may not be to everyones taste but I genuinely enjoy it for the most part.
However, last nights coverage was shameful in it's biased and blinkered appreciation of everything Saints.
It spoiled an enthralling and hugely enjoyable ( result excepted) game of RL and did little credit to those involved with the commentary.
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

Here Here, we watch super league so who is playing and appreciate when Wigan are on Sky. But Stevo last night, was so biased it was untrue !!!!!! He will be wearing a Stains shirt shortly whilst at Knowsley Road !!!!!!!!!
OJ

Post by OJ »

I've just emailed boots'n'all about it - told them commentators are supposed to be unbiased (what a joy it is to hear the guys who work for Setanta) and that even though Eddie is a scouser he doesn't have to have an orgasm every time St Helens touch the ball - don't think it will get read out somehow! :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

bring on ray french?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Yes they are biased, it is a shame, rather listen to Dave Woods
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

According to Eddie, Goulding's try was "lucky". Of course, had in been Saints that scored it, it would have been a miracle kick from Long.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if it would have been saints, it would have gone down as a try of the season contender.

i could hear eddie's orgasm on the 40-20 from in the stands.

i wasn't impressed with our kicks last night, not much variation, the high ones were punishing but enar the line, little dinks over were getting us nowhere. this is where we ened to use leuluia.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
jammie

Post by jammie »

have just seen it again and i still cannot get over it.i don't think i have ever heard a more one sided piece of bum lickin in all my life,i to am going to e-mail sky sports,i at least expect a fair balanced opinion from someone, but even the guests were at it.mind you one is an ex-stains coach,and justin morgan must be hopeing to be the next by the sound of things.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.