Ticket prices 4 test

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
johnsons_babexx

Ticket prices 4 test

Post by johnsons_babexx »

Can't believe the prices they are asking for the test series. Phoned the other day and we have had to pay £30 for the same seats we sit in for a wigan game and we normally pay £14. Also looks like the cheapest ones there was were only about the first 4 or 5 rows and then they shot up in price.

Ok they might have got a sell out for the second 1 and nearly sold out for the other 2 but its just ridiculous what they are asking.

Probably think that people will pay it well they have for them nearly all to of sold out. Including me am stupid for paying £30 but i really wanted to go.
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

robjoenz

Re: Ticket prices 4 test

Post by robjoenz »

They won't sell concession tickets either, so normally a tenner goes upto £30
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I wrote and complained to the RFL last year about the prices, particularly after the disappointing
The powers seem to have forgotten that RL is a game where the supporters generally are not awash with cash, I was nearly going to give Wigan a medal there for their season ticket and concessionary prices in general and then I remembered the ticket prices for the 'amateur' cup game in March :(
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
rugbynelly

Post by rugbynelly »

your saying this about the ameture cup tie in march, wigan dont have a say in the prices they charge for cup games so they could do nothing about it
theres only 1 team in wigan
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

a couple of years back i wanted to go to the game at wigan's ground but they had sold out so i signed up as a steward got the best seat in the house and got paid for doing it. sometimes it works out ok
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I think the RL are very short sighted when it comes to ticket prices and they are hypocritical too.

All that we hear is that the RL wants to spread the good word of RL, but then they up the ticket prices and make inaccessible for many people. To be bluntly honest, some test matches just aren't worth the price of the ticket.

For example, in all I paid £70 for the other half and I to watch England vs NZ at the Reebok and we were rubbish. We then played the Aussies and were so crap that there were all those blokes who streaked that night because of how unentertaining it was. That was another £70 down the pan.

In all I'd spent £140 on two very poor displays of RL. I wouldn't have bothered had I not been so out of pocket to watch it.

On £140 imagine all of that beer I could have bought!!!!! It's no wonder sometimes people get Sky Sports instead as these international ticket prices are just a joke. :sly: :sly:
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

To paraphrase Monty Python."you were lucky".For me,as well as the ticket I have to shell out petrol for a 400 mile round trip plus a hotel for the night-total cost probably £170.Having said that down here in sunny Berkshire I don't get to see top class rl so for me it's the price to be paid.
Mind you,it could be worse-you could be shelling out hundreds of pounds to go to Twickers to be bored rigid.
Having said that.can't wait for Saturday.Also spare a thought for my mate in Kendal who went all the way to Oz last time at a cost of hundreds of pounds for the priviledge of seeing the lads get a tonking.
Sport eh!