A Wigan team I no longer want to support

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TedMac

A Wigan team I no longer want to support

Post by TedMac »

Wembley is Wigan's Destiny..........

Attitude - Catalans
Skill - Catalans
Pride in the shirt - Catalans
Forward domination - Catalans
Mistakes - Wigan
Lack of ability - Wigan
Attacking skill and flair - Catalans
Defence - Catalans - easily

Forget the fightback - too little too late AS USUAL.

At least we won't have to be slaughtered at Wembley by a genuinely skilled, well-coached and well-run side - bloody Saints.

I watched my first Wigan match in 1958. As of today I will NOT be going to JJB any more and thats something I don't say lightly after 49 years.

Apart from a crap, unmotivated team, Noble has a lot to answer for. Aren't you supposed to go into a semi-final with all guns blazing??? What a joke.

I could watch RL of the quality Wigan have shown at
any amateur game any week. Bye Bye JJB. I've had some great times.
With regret
Ted McAvoy
Ted Mac
Banksy

Re: A Wigan team I no longer w...

Post by Banksy »

You sad man
Fujiman

Re: A Wigan team I no longer w...

Post by Fujiman »

Tomorrow is another day. Grand final here we come :lol:
Banksy

Re: A Wigan team I no long...

Post by Banksy »

Always look on the bright side of life, we could do with out supporters as fickle as that any way
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

It is unfortunate, that with the massive salaries paid (Salary Cap overspend), that Wigan fans, still assume that they watch a "good" team. They are competitive and at times competent, but the other c - class is missing!

Until fans understand, that this side has a lot of rebuilding to undergo over the next few years or so. Then disappointments like today's will be the norm.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Banksy posted:
Always look on the bright side of life, we could do with out supporters as fickle as that any way
Shut up and smell reality!! The guy has supported wigan for 49 years, really fickle that :angry:
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I couldn't give a shit if he supported them for 49 years still pathetic giving up over a semi final yeh it’s gutting but have to get over these things. I thought last year was much more disappointing.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

butt monkey posted:
Until fans understand, that this side has a lot of rebuilding to undergo over the next few years or so. Then disappointments like today's will be the norm.
Disappointments like today ARE the norm! Have you been watching the same side as me for the last 5 years??! It's closer to say that until fans accept that we aren't going to win anything any time soon they will be disappointed!

We have one of the best academies in the game; we are the biggest club in the game. We have been "rebuilding" for almost the entire SL era! That excuse will hold water for 2 seasons - three at a push; however we were almost relegated last year and haven't been in the top 6 for the last two seasons (and it looks doubtful for this season).

We haven't progressed since 2003 - that's not rebuilding - that's demolition!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Banksy posted:
I couldn't give a shit if he supported them for 49 years still pathetic giving up over a semi final yeh it’s gutting but have to get over these things. I thought last year was much more disappointing.
Its not just about a f*!$in semi, its about a team that takes no pride in a wigan jersey, and are not worthy of loyal support. You show loyalty, you get loyalty :angry:
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
Rugbydav

Post by Rugbydav »

The back end of last season was really exciting - Wigan played harder with far more determination than any game I have seen this year.
Enjoy your Rugby League ..... We do!!