Dropping CA Really Works!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Dropping CA Really Works!!

Post by turf »

As every time (or more or less anyway) we do drop CA, we win.

My imagination or a coincidence.
ancientnloyal

Re: Dropping CA Really Works!!

Post by ancientnloyal »

posted at 9.10? you didnt go to the match then?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Shevi 4 life

Re: Dropping CA Really Wor...

Post by Shevi 4 life »

CA defence is very poor.Richards impresed me tonigh at FB.He tackled every 1 on 1 he got.
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Your imagination Turf. We win some, we lose some.

If we do pick him again it would be interesting to see what would happen if we played him at left wing. We could at time interchange between CA and Pat at fullback. So on attack, bring Ashton infield. When we are defending play Pat a FB.
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

Heard from two different sources at the match that Ashton won't play again for Wigan (one of my sources is very reliable). It's a shame really. He's a young lad and full of promise. He has a few attitude problems but nothing that couldn't be put right.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

sedbergh posted:
Heard from two different sources at the match that Ashton won't play again for Wigan (one of my sources is very reliable). It's a shame really. He's a young lad and full of promise. He has a few attitude problems but nothing that couldn't be put right.
Why repair the car if you are trading it in in a couple of weeks and it won't affect the value. far better spend the money on the one you are keeping!!hc
thegimble

Re: Dropping CA Really Works!!

Post by thegimble »

One of the turning points in the 2nd half was the tackle 1 on 1 by Richards and he put the player into touch. Your always confident that Richards would get to him and tackle him.

Could you say that about CA.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
One of the turning points in the 2nd half was the tackle 1 on 1 by Richards and he put the player into touch. Your always confident that Richards would get to him and tackle him.

Could you say that about CA.
The biggest drawback to playing Richards at fullback is that we have lost the benefit of his speed and height in attack on the left. I've not seen enough of Ashton's recent performances to know if they're really as bad as people say, but we still have problems with our attack even if we're now solving the defence. Huddersfield were not in the game for much of yesterday, yet despite absolutely masses of pressure and possession we've only scored two tries. We've scored a lot this year and last making use of the kick over towards Richards, but that route has gone now and we've not found an option to replace it. Most of our kicks are now left-to-right in the vain hope that Calderwood can manage to get on the end of a kick...

I'm not sure that we're really much better overall as a team with Richards replacing Ashton at the back.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

sedbergh posted:
With his attitude he had long enough to put it right,

But his overall performances have been poor so he has paid the price.END OF

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ste lord posted:
sedbergh posted:
With his attitude he had long enough to put it right,

But his overall performances have been poor so he has paid the price.END OF
I agree he has had his chance... and blew it!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."