Challenge Cup

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Nobbylad

Challenge Cup

Post by Nobbylad »

Just wondered before the game wether they would play the French national anthem aswell as the British. Anyone think it's a little bit disrespectful that they only played the British?
OJ

Re: Challenge Cup

Post by OJ »

Yes, you're right although no doubt the RFL will have a good reason for it. Would also like to know how or why they picked Sir Steve Redgrave to present the trophy - great athlete and sportsman and one that this country is rightly very proud of but first CC back at Wembley and they have the cup presented by an oarsman? :blush: Typical RFL.
Back to your original comment I also have to say it always annoys me when players are allowed to stand round in circles during one minutes silences, the least they could do is stand in line and show some respect.
Ah well, best go back and see how many the Skints are going to run in in 2nd half :devi:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Nobbylad

Post by Nobbylad »

Redgrave, great sportsman. But he says he's a Wigan fan and he's shouting for Saints? Get back in yer pedlo lad.
Keep_The_Faith

Post by Keep_The_Faith »

This must be the worst cup final ever, good ground s**t fans.
"They just came to the club.I was there training in the Under 13's. They told us we had to stop playing Rugby 13. They took our kit and even the balls". 1942 unknown French rugby league player. Never forget.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Poor final. Mind you Anderson said it would be. the bottom line is that Saints are well drilled and prepared to grind it out until; the opposition break. If Cats had maintained their early efforts that is how the game would have continued. They folded and Saints mop up mistakes. Saints are professional BUT boring.

Wembley looks a great stadium BUT like many of these modern stadia is poor televisually. The lack of open space for the sunlight to penetrate creates difficult TV viewing conditions with patches of sunlit pitch and shadow ridden pitch.

The RFL deserve shooting for what they did to Catalan. No team should have to play so late in the preceeding week and thereby conceded an important advantage to the opposition. SKY should not be allowed to interfere with the Challenge Cup Final. IT MUST NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

RL as a sport needs to look at how it rewards open expansive adventurous rugby league. As the rules stand it is almost a war of attrition rather than skill.
Nobbylad

Post by Nobbylad »

How could you do that. Yes I agree, very boring final.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not exactly sure. Maybe, a team defending can only have 12 or even 11 players on the field of play. Maybe a team passing the ball on the last tackle receives an extra tackle BUT they cannot kick it. Maybe all kicks in the in goal = a 20 drop tap. Even grubbers.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

felt just like anty weekly round of SL, nowhere near the fun and excitement of CC final
Nicola#Warriors

Post by Nicola#Warriors »

ye there didn't appear to be much atmosphere, but maybe that's just from the t.v.

does anyone know who the announcer was?
his voice was so familiar, but i can't put a name to it :lol:
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

ye there didn't appear to be much atmosphere, but maybe that's just from the t.v.

does anyone know who the announcer was?
his voice was so familiar, but i can't put a name to it
I'm sure he said the was 84,000+, and nicola you think every one looks/sounds familiar :wink: .