Coley confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Coley confirmed

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Re: Coley confirmed

Post by ancientnloyal »

To be hnest not much news about it on that article. I think Coley has to be expected, a GB prop under Noble so why not sign him?

How much do you think he'd be on?

Fielden
Coley
Paleaasina (bench)
Prescott
OCarroll

Not bad if you look at it like that will give prescott and ocarroll motivation to perform better in training to challenge for the other potential seat on the bench perhaps?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be honest i know a lot of people on here dont like him, but this season i would of played him over feilden any game week, hes a good solid workhorse prop something i think we have been missing and he does have a good offload
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Anyone think that Coley will make a differance in the forwards?

At Salford he spends most of this time attacking away from the forwards down the centres, surely Wigan need a forward who would keep running at the opposition forwards and tire them out before Feka comes on the pitch, someone like Korkidas.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

adrenalinxx posted:
Anyone think that Coley will make a differance in the forwards?

At Salford he spends most of this time attacking away from the forwards down the centres, surely Wigan need a forward who would keep running at the opposition forwards and tire them out before Feka comes on the pitch, someone like Korkidas.
I'd be very surprised if Brian Noble was prepared to let any of his prop forwards hide out on the flanks.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think Noble has seen what Coley can do otherwise he wouldnt have picked him for Great Britain last winter. Just have to see what happens pre-season I guess, gies us an idea of how he will run into their defences
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
Fielden
Coley
Paleaasina (bench)
Prescott
OCarroll

Not bad ...
How you conclude that is "not bad" given the form shown this season by both Coley and Fielden I am not sure.

It is little different than this:

Fielden
Fletcher
Paleaasina (bench)
Prescott
OCarroll

except Coley isn't as good as Fletcher!

Unless we sign a true out and out prop who will make hard yards the new pack you suggested will take us backwards not forwards next season from where we are now.

If we do sign a new "hard yards" prop then given the other players already on the books Coley would be surplus to requirements so I have a horrible feeling your suggested pack is how it is going to be.

Dave

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

That article is mostly a summary of the "rumour mill" forum on here! Wonder what username Peter Aspinall uses on here...
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
Now confirmed on the club site:

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3225
A two year deal. Oh well, roll on 2010.

Dave