injuries

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
a-true-warrior

injuries

Post by a-true-warrior »

looks like a few injuries my main injury is calderwood who will replace him? we can replace feka and millard )if he gets a ban} but there is only one person and that is nicky stanton but who else is there?
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
turf

Re: injuries

Post by turf »

a-true-warrior posted:
looks like a few injuries my main injury is calderwood who will replace him? we can replace feka and millard )if he gets a ban} but there is only one person and that is nicky stanton but who else is there?
Maybe those measures aren't needed just yet. Taken from www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague:

Wigan sustained injuries to winger Mark Calderwood (ankle) and prop Iafeta Palea'asina (hamstring) but Noble said he expected both to be fit to face Leeds.

I hope so!! :eusa10: :eusa10:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

turf posted:
a-true-warrior posted:
Maybe those measures aren't needed just yet. Taken from www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague:

Wigan sustained injuries to winger Mark Calderwood (ankle) and prop Iafeta Palea'asina (hamstring) but Noble said he expected both to be fit to face Leeds.

I hope so!! :eusa10: :eusa10:
Calderwood limped on - ankle heavily iced, to applaud the fans at the end of the match.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Well I saw Calderwood - barefooted and limping on his own weight, with a huge ice pack placed around his ankle - no sign of any crutches, when he came to applaude the fans at the end.

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

I guess they won't know for sure until Monday the extent of any injuries, once any swelling and bruising has gone down.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fraggle posted:
I guess they won't know for sure until Monday the extent of any injuries, once any swelling and bruising has gone down.
My point is, if the injury was as serious as some are saying, surely he would have been rushed to hospital (ala Chris Feather) - rather than doing a "Lap of Honour" at the end of the match. :wink:

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Flash posted:
Yeah I should have. Deffo will do next time...whenever that is. I was also the poor unfortunate teamed with Kelvin in the half time race.
Not "Doreen" are you? :lol:

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Flash posted:
A Hull fan is claiming that Calderwood went to the Hull infirmary after the game and also said it was broken but would he have limped on after the game like that if it was? We'll just have to wait til tomorrow I suppose!
You can actually limp around on a broken ankle depending on how serious a break it is. I know of someone who broke their ankle while hill walking in South Africa of all places, knew it was bust but kept their boots on (to keep swelling in check) as they were due to fly home within days. They were worried having a pot on would stop them from flying so hobbled about in the boots and made it back before going to hospital. Absolutely stupid IMO but that is what they did.

So Calders doing a lap of honour is not proof it isn't broken.

I hope he can play as he always seems to deliver the good v Leeds but I am not hopeful.

Dave
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

DaveO posted:
Flash posted:
A Hull fan is claiming that Calderwood went to the Hull infirmary after the game and also said it was broken but would he have limped on after the game like that if it was? We'll just have to wait til tomorrow I suppose!
You can actually limp around on a broken ankle depending on how serious a break it is. I know of someone who broke their ankle while hill walking in South Africa of all places, knew it was bust but kept their boots on (to keep swelling in check) as they were due to fly home within days. They were worried having a pot on would stop them from flying so hobbled about in the boots and made it back before going to hospital. Absolutely stupid IMO but that is what they did.

So Calders doing a lap of honour is not proof it isn't broken.

I hope he can play as he always seems to deliver the good v Leeds but I am not hopeful.

Dave
Dave, Do you honestly think the Wigan medical team would let this happen?, even IF they are not sure of the extent of his injury!

IMO, they would have sent him off to Hospital immediately on suspecting a "serious" (as a possible fracture is) injury. That is what I (as a Qualified First Aider), always cover myself, with doing.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

R est
I ce
C ompression
E levation

as the saying goes.....