Who's Nobby excited about?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ajsefc

Who's Nobby excited about?

Post by ajsefc »

When asked about the injured Mark Calderwood

"Unfortunately, we can't open up a new can of Mark Calderwoods so we'll have to go with someone else and I'm pretty excited about what that person can achieve for us in this team."

Who's gonna play wing? Is there somone from the academy who Nobby's excited about?

Also on the post about Colbon Dave O says Calderwood and Richards should be on the wing next season, I was under the impression we were releassing Calders, what's the crack there?
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
- psycho -

Re: Who's Nobby excited about?

Post by - psycho - »

maybe stanton? he was supposedly going to get game time this year. maybe he thinks he can step up and shwo us what he's amde of.

either that or

he is excited at how good goulding can become and is going to paly him.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

There is the possibility that an academy player could come in like, Stanton but it would be a big step-up to go from academy to play-off final eliminator.

I think Noble is excited about the challenge however I wouldn't read too much into it since he isn't likely to come out and say he has know idea who he is going to play on the wing.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ajsefc posted:
When asked about the injured Mark Calderwood

"Unfortunately, we can't open up a new can of Mark Calderwoods so we'll have to go with someone else and I'm pretty excited about what that person can achieve for us in this team."

Who's gonna play wing? Is there somone from the academy who Nobby's excited about?

Also on the post about Colbon Dave O says Calderwood and Richards should be on the wing next season, I was under the impression we were releassing Calders, what's the crack there?
calderwood as took the option of a years extentin to his contract ,goulding will play on the wing
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
WxmWarrior

Re: Who's Nobby excited ab...

Post by WxmWarrior »

I agree, I think Stanton is who he is talking about.... could be a mistake given the gravity of the game but as my old man always says.."if you're good enough,. you're old enough..." and to all accounts he has performed fantastically in the academy.

NG - See post I have left in "Off Topic" re : your ring chuck.
"[img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7545 ... orsxt9.jpg[/img]"

"...try the veal, I'm here all week.."

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

No way he'll play stanton, its too big a game, goulding is nippy and should be able to put in a good performance there, i think we are going to really be up against it at leeds but hey this is Wigan we can do anything!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
ahem......Stanton?
:wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
seggie

Post by seggie »

it must be thomas coyle has he is in the 20 named today
Sutty

Post by Sutty »