Noble not a happy bunny

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Noble not a happy bunny

Post by cpwigan »

:o Just watched the highlights on the Beeb and in the interview afterwards Nobby said felt a bit like a mushroom and that he was disappointed by the lack of progress made off the pitch in the last 6-8 weeks.
Fujiman

Re: Noble not a happy bunny

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan posted:
:o Just watched the highlights on the Beeb and in the interview afterwards Nobby said felt a bit like a mushroom and that he was disappointed by the lack of progress made off the pitch in the last 6-8 weeks.
You've beat me to the post. Very interesting but disturbing also. May he be on his way out?
Poster

Post by Poster »

What he really said was the last 8 weeks have had the Mushroom Syndrome. What this means is that management keep you in the dark and occasionally open the door and throw manure on you.

How does reflect on his future,good management would have seen the new owners reassuring him about the future and not presenting uncertainty.
cpwigan

Re: Noble not a happy bunn...

Post by cpwigan »

That is how I read it too Gemma
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

didnt like the interview was a little worried ,we have a coach here who can get a job any where in the world ,Lennaghan surley your first job when you take over is get Nobby on a long long term contract
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Nobby has a way and sense of humour of putting things across, i.e by calling him self a mushroom.

i wouldnt worry about it. :) Just Nobbys way of putting things across.
You obviously have not heard of the saying before. He is not calling himself a mushroom :doz: and IS saying he has been kept in the dark and fed bullsh1t.

By whom is the interesting question. It could be Mo's statement that recruitment for next year would go on regardless of the club changing hands was simply hot air and came to nothing.

Or, if as some seem to think Lenegan has been in charge for some weeks, it is Legegan who has kept Noble in the dark.

I certainly hope it is the former but one thing is for sure whoever has been running the club has been keeping Noble in the dark.

Dave
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Noble was defiantly unhappy you could tell by the way he spoke. One thing he is probably unhappy about is the fact that the 'take over' has meant he is not been able to sign the players he wants like King going to Warrington and Walker going to Hull KR.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Whealan still owned the club next season but he is not always a straight forward guy. He will be quite happy to let people think he is selling his shares in the club and see how much he can get for them, Lenegan might not be able to come up with what Whealan wants.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Or Adrenalin, what Whelan wants is not acceptable to anybody who wants to buy the club. I do not envisage Whelan ever selling without it being heavily to his own advantage.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

...And as new owner Ian Lenagan and a fresh management team prepare an imminent takeover of the club, the head coach is laying plans for an even more successful 2008 season.
Noble is actively seeking new recruits after confirming back-row forward Bryan Fletcher is to retire, centre David Vaealiki is to join French RU Club Albi and veteran hooker Shane Millard faces a make-or-break operation on his knee this week.

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors-news ... 3308507.jp

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I feel a bit uncomfortable about the delay. This winter could have been a very significant opportunity to overhaul the squad in key positions.

We will have money available from losing Ashton, Withers, Millard, Fletcher and Vaealiki, plus the salary cap money. We need a strike full back/winger (depending on where we want to play Pat), at least one centre and a big forward.

With the money available, we ought to be able to shop at Harrods.

If the delay means that we have missed the boat, then god forbid we go down the last ditch signing route that led to us signing Davico/Seu Seu/Moran/DV in the most ill advised signing spree in the club's history.

At Quins, Lenaghan has shown that he can attract talent - Scott Hill and co - and give youngsters their head - McCarthy-Scarisbrook, who will be a Barrie Mac mark 2 once he is slightly bigger, and so we need not despair yet, but every passing day of stalemate and inactivity makes me more irritated.

There is still time for things to turn around, and at least we have found a goal kicker and half back combination this year, and so have made progress.

Considering where we were when Nobby took over, his performance so far has been excellent.