Hm

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Hm

Post by MrsLam »

I've not re watched the match (dont think I can right now) but we played the completely wrong game against them, they had too much space to pass and we tried going up the middle into the big fattys, what happened at all?! We know how bradford play and they didnt play any differently, suppose theres always room to try different tactics but clearly they didnt work so lets hope they dont try them again.
I was really annoyed at the players durin the match and Im only just calming down, I know we didnt have a full team out and it was the first match of the season blah blah, but we were nearly nilled!!!
Still, next time when we're match fit ey?
Im goin for a boilin hot bath which I probably wont feel anyway and I need to crack my neck out of place, think its frozen :wink:
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Re: Hm

Post by MrsLam »

Ah no we're not having that, I didnt even have a go at the ref then. Why did he feel the need to give so many penalties to them? We were givin them the ball enough ourselves :)

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

gotta agree with u mrs lam.. i wasn`t happy with the way we played at all... especially in the final third, we should have done better, but that game is history now, just take it on the chin.. like me old mate dors said.. LOL

not blaming anyone.. not the ref.. ( high penalty count though!!) or the lads for effort, just got it wrong this time around.. as someone pointed out?? i think we ran out of steam.. & ideas bout the 60-65 min mark.. the last couple of tries were just paddin the scoreline..
ah well.. hope we fair better next sun..

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i went on grayways coaches to the game and to top it all off there where two bradford bulls supporters on my coach! life isnt fair is it..
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

i actually think we played alright. There was some good signs that were going to be a real forced to be reckoned with this year. We had 4 first team players out as well and what team can perform with the likes of farrel and lam out. We would of also done better if we cut the stupid penalties out. Most of them shouldnt have been penalties anyway. DANNY ORR ROCKS !!!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
redhead

Post by redhead »

must say I was disappointed more so when the moves we tried didnt pay off when that happens it can make you look silly but when it works makes you look great..think Bradford also scored a lot from our mistakes and penalties but other than that not too bothered we should have had more friendlies to prepare must agree with the Danny Orr rocks bit think he is really gonna come on for us thank god for the start of super league again
the little walnut
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I was on that coach too, but they kept their shirts covered up on the way so no one knew dint they. :conf:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

the driver told us when we arrived at the ground over the speaker.i got on the coach at the white swan pub and we went on a tour for about an hour picking people up to top a bad day off i was dropped off last in the whole world it was about midnight when i got home and in true grinch style i would just like to say. BRADFORD BULLS I HATE YOU!!!!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart