The Pitch at the JJB

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mr James Rowley

The Pitch at the JJB

Post by Mr James Rowley »

How bad is the playing area ?

If it's that bad why don't you play all your home games away until the football season is over plus you could allways take one of the games on the road.

I hope our game Wigan v Salford does not get moved because win or lose i allways look forward to a visit to the JJB.
Mind you in saying all this the RL Cup game v Widnes is at the JJB so we will all see for ourselves on the TV how bad the pitch.

I don't think Widnes Vikings will stand in your way this weekend i predict a Wigan Warriors win by at least 30.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. :D
Moore_115

Re: The Pitch at the JJB

Post by Moore_115 »

where will they go if they move do u know
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

wouldn`t worry bout it moore.. the warriors arn`t going anywhere... & this post is likely to get blocked any minute now!!!!! LOL

why do athletic fans all ask the same question?? :lol:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

wolftown warrior posted:
wouldn`t worry bout it moore.. the warriors arn`t going anywhere... & this post is likely to get blocked any minute now!!!!! LOL

why do athletic fans all ask the same question?? :lol:
Think this was more a question about the state of the pitch, it was like a farm yard two weeks ago and had to switch O'Conners testimonial to Orrell. With sharing with footy club they won't want to destroy the pitch
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

mr james im sorry i dont really understand what you mean! how can you play all your home games away!wouldn't they then be away games.ther isn't a venue close by really that could be used to play the warriors games so the jjb will have to do and the pitch will have to be repaired between fixtures there is nothing anyone can do but make the best of a bad situation!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

why dont the football and the other sports at the jjb stadium just leave and let the warriors have a desent pitch in stead of it being runid all the time
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Moore_115 posted:
why dont the football and the other sports at the jjb stadium just leave and let the warriors have a desent pitch in stead of it being runid all the time
because it is a 'shared' ground and was more the weather than anything else, if we'd been playing we'd have destroyed the pitch too.
mario

Post by mario »

could be worst than ever on sunday with latics playing saturday there and warriors on sunday
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

good point mario.. the groundstaff. are gonna earn there money this week!!!! but u have to say, that usually... the jjb pitch is magnificent.. must be hard work for em dealing with 2 sports at once!!