FIELDEN TO LEAVE WIGAN

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thegimble

Re: FIELDEN TO LEAVE WIGAN

Post by thegimble »

Filden played too much game time for a player carrying a lightweight pack.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Why is this even a rumour? I thought in IL we had an owner who the fans had decided tells it like it is.

So when he said we had no plans to recruit a prop didn't everyone believe him? If we got rid of Fielden then we would have to recruit a prop and the owner has just told everyone we are not going to do so.

Or is he already thought to be as reliable as Mo when it comes to people believing his statements?

Dave
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO posted:
Why is this even a rumour? I thought in IL we had an owner who the fans had decided tells it like it is.

So when he said we had no plans to recruit a prop didn't everyone believe him? If we got rid of Fielden then we would have to recruit a prop and the owner has just told everyone we are not going to do so.

Or is he already thought to be as reliable as Mo when it comes to people believing his statements?

Dave
This is one of many things that makes this seem very unlikely . How could anyone afford him with the cap?
if the club made him play with an injury his problem would be with Mo and DW not IL so it appears made up if the recent way the club deals with things is anything to go by we will get some response from IL in a couple of days .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Cant see this happening we buy a prop for £450.000 use him for 2 seasons .Would Fielden go and play for less money ?????.Fielden would have to terminate his contract himself not Wigan palming him off to some other club.He is still under contract with Wigan and would demand compensation for loss of wages.If he did go to another club for less money Wigan would have to make up the shortfall.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 posted:
If he did go to another club for less money Wigan would have to make up the shortfall.
That is what St. George did with Barrett last season. It meant they had to pay the difference between what he got at Wigan and what he would have got had he remained at St. George but that was still a lot less than paying him his full wage.

Assuming Fielden earns £250K then if Fielden went somewhere on £125K a year with Wigan paying the other £125K, then Wigan would still have reduced their wage bill by £125K.

That said as I posted previously I don't think their is anything in this rumour at all. I also don't believe Fielden is on £250K a season !!!

Dave
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

This is a non story.

The central core of the text is a rehash of a section from Nosey Parkers column in League Weekly and just says he was injured last year, had to play with injections and has had an operation hence he wasn't available or up to scracth to play for GB.

All the other stuff in the article is speculation and padding.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

The "story" surely falls down concerning the injuries; anyone familiar with Fielden's game throughout his career knows full well that he would play on pretty much regardless of whatever injury he was carrying.

That said I hope the necessary procedures can be carried out in the off season so he can go into next season fully fit.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
ddtftf posted:
In the News OF The World today it says that Wigan are prepared to release Fielden to keep under the salary cap & Bradford are favourits to sign him. He is on £250 000 a year and the club needs the wages for new signings. Fielden has said that he needed a shoulder op in April but the club asked him to play on with pain killing injections. I feel that if we sell him he will come back to punish us now he has had the op, you don't go from the best prop in the world to the worst without a reason.I hope its not the case as we will be down to about 12 stone average in the pack, its funny how all these revelations come AFTER SEASON tickets are purchased.
And ive just had my dinner with the queen and prince phil
So how was Elton John and Phil Clarke.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

fielden is shit end of.....

he has not had any form why he has been at wigan and you can keep making excuses but all that is doing is giving him a shield from him being a poor player.....

e knows he hhas been pathetic so unless he is going to pick up dramatically get him out of here..... :angry:
Bear

Post by Bear »

I dont perticullarly think he has played the best he can. Bit harsh saying that mate. I do think get him out if he dosent perform in the first 5 games or so but you know what happens every time they leave wigan
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!