Re: Feka Charged with GBH

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
2old4

Post by 2old4 »

Ddnt know Feka was back. What radio prog was the item on? gutted by way
randy-warrior-2008

Post by randy-warrior-2008 »

it is on sportinglife here is the link for it about feka http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... 45439.html

www.myspace.com/wiganwarriorsno1fan
2008 - THE YEAR OF THE WARRIOR
PROUD TO BE A WARRIOR
WIGAN WARRIORS NO1 FAN

Nine

Post by Nine »

Don't confuse being charged with being guilty, Gemma! He'll only be punished if he's guilty - he may plead not guilty and then there will have to be a trial. Feka could get off, or be found guilty of GBH as charged, or he might plead guilty to a lesser charge e.g. assaulbt occasionign actual bodiy harm (ABH). We'll see on the 4th December, presumably.
Squad number 18!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nine posted:
We'll see on the 4th December, presumably.
We will but it would have been far better if the police had investigated and decided not to charge him with an offence.

Dave
Nine

Post by Nine »

Lots of people have been charged with offences and subsequently been proven to be innocent, so let's judge nothing and leave that to the courts.

For information (and I'm not a lawyer, so no guarantees on this) but I saw something recently that indicated sentencing guidelines for an offence of GBH that is not premeditated or othwerwise aggravated by e.g. using a weapon, is 24 to 36 weeks' custody, though this can be reduced considerably or even turned into a non-custodial sentence depending on mitigating factors.
Squad number 18!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nine posted:
Lots of people have been charged with offences and subsequently been proven to be innocent, so let's judge nothing and leave that to the courts.
True enough but things are heading in the wrong direction IMO.
For information (and I'm not a lawyer, so no guarantees on this) but I saw something recently that indicated sentencing guidelines for an offence of GBH that is not premeditated or othwerwise aggravated by e.g. using a weapon, is 24 to 36 weeks' custody, though this can be reduced considerably or even turned into a non-custodial sentence depending on mitigating factors.
I think speculating if he is found guilty he doesn't get a custodial sentence is one thing but a Wigan player convicted of GBH may well find himself out on his ear regardless of the sentence.

If he is found guilty and gets a 24 or 36 month custodial sentence he will IMO definitely be sacked.

Dave
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

FEKA's gona get ya!

:lol:

Go on FEKA lad!

He'l be reet! unless the RFL carry out the hearing then on terms of wearing a cherry and white shirt he'l get a life sentance :lol:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Glynola

Post by Glynola »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
FEKA's gona get ya!

Go on FEKA lad!

He'l be reet! unless the RFL carry out the hearing then on terms of wearing a cherry and white shirt he'l get a life sentance :lol:

:conf:
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
FEKA's gona get ya!

Go on FEKA lad!

This sounds worryingly like a post made by someone who doesn't think this is a serious issue.