Re: Oh dear trouble at mill?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

so again they have not got it and spent it ,isnt that breach of the sallary cap?????? thats 2 more pts they have lost on the francise system does that make tham a 4th grade team with the likes os leigh ,may not get 1 the way its going :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
highland convert

Re: Oh dear trouble at mil...

Post by highland convert »

Hang on a minute,
St Helens hope to move out of their dilapidated Knowsley Road home and into a new 18,000-capacity stadium on the derelict 46-acre site of a glass works and McManus has called for action from the planning authority.

He added: "Staying at Knowsley Road does put the club at a continuing financial and commercial disadvantage and it is imperative to the future of the club that the planning application for the new stadium is successful and goes through smoothly within a reasonably quick timeframe.

"Otherwise the financial constraints which Knowsley Road imposes on the club will become increasingly burdensome and more difficult to manage."

Looks like they hope to move but KR is still an option. RFL should issue a statement re that option or they are liable to be sued by the clubs that better match the criteria. Would life continue without St. Helens. They should be put down with the option to rejoin in 2011 if they then match the criteria with both stadium and a GF player in NL1. HC
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Well they've only got their fans to blame!!!

If it costs £15 to get into Knowsley Rd, then that, rounded up, only equates to 16,700 extra fans for the season. Divide that by the number of home games (13 I think?) that equals approx. 1284 extra fans to each home game. It's not a lot to ask of their so called supporters, is it.

Considering they are the most succesful RL team of the Superleague era, their fans certainly let them down, big time.

It really makes me laugh to see their attendances compared to ours and a lot of other teams in Superleague. These are the same fans that all crawl out from under their stones to go to the big games and the finals and then have the gaul to mock us about the success of their club.

I hope they get in real financial trouble and have to get bailed out, lets see what excuses they come up with then.

standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Sutty posted:
Well they've only got their fans to blame!!!

If it costs £15 to get into Knowsley Rd, then that, rounded up, only equates to 16,700 extra fans for the season. Divide that by the number of home games (13 I think?) that equals approx. 1284 extra fans to each home game. It's not a lot to ask of their so called supporters, is it.

Considering they are the most succesful RL team of the Superleague era, their fans certainly let them down, big time.

It really makes me laugh to see their attendances compared to ours and a lot of other teams in Superleague. These are the same fans that all crawl out from under their stones to go to the big games and the finals and then have the gaul to mock us about the success of their club.

I hope they get in real financial trouble and have to get bailed out, lets see what excuses they come up with then.
you took the words right out of my mouth!!yet these are the same fans that asked the wigan folk to sign a petition to help them get a new stadium.they must have forgot about 2006 when they were desperate for us to get relegated s**m the lot of em
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Nobby`s Girl posted:

I was talking to a so called saints fan just after they lost the GF to leeds. Blah blah blah, we got on about attendances.. and he told me that Cunningham said…”what more do the fans want” We`v won this we`v won that, we got the treble” what more do they want us to do to turn up and support the team!

So whats is the problem? Are the fans getting bored of it? I certainly wouldn’t if it was Wigan!

And now you`v got me going on, I despise them! ……Saints I hope you sink, sink and sink!!!
:sly: :sly:

Stay at your pig shed and your att will fall even more, but will getting a new stadium really boost their att up?
not atall ng! where are they gonna come from? apart from when wigan come what is the point of building an 18000 stadium when they only just get 8000 now
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

every 1 seems to be missing the point here ,they have spent moneys they havent got ,surely that is a breach of the sallary cap ,if you havent got it u cant spend it ,50% of your income is a maximum not a minimum???
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
every 1 seems to be missing the point here ,they have spent moneys they havent got ,surely that is a breach of the sallary cap ,if you havent got it u cant spend it ,50% of your income is a maximum not a minimum???
Yeah, but it goes off income, not profit. It doesn't say how much their income was (so don't know what 50% of it would be). It simply means that whatever their income was, they spent £ 1/4 million more than that.

Which is no way to run a business.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

GeoffN posted:
mike binder posted:
Yeah, but it goes off income, not profit. It doesn't say how much their income was (so don't know what 50% of it would be). It simply means that whatever their income was, they spent £ 1/4 million more than that.

Which is no way to run a business.
on players oversea accounts

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jammie

Post by jammie »

wasn't this what the salary cap was supposed to stop,obviously not working down the road and the two faced gits have the cheek to slag us off and call us cheats for salary cap breaches,which we techically didn't breach.i don't think there new stadium will come off i don't think they have the money or the fans to fill it and make it viable.it doesn't sound good when the club shop in the town centre is closeing.the question is will the RFL have the balls to put them down if they cannot reach the franchise conditions,only time will tell but god i hope they do what bragging rights will that give us.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

jammie posted:
wasn't this what the salary cap was supposed to stop,obviously not working down the road and the two faced gits have the cheek to slag us off and call us cheats for salary cap breaches,which we techically didn't breach.i don't think there new stadium will come off i don't think they have the money or the fans to fill it and make it viable.it doesn't sound good when the club shop in the town centre is closeing.the question is will the RFL have the balls to put them down if they cannot reach the franchise conditions,only time will tell but god i hope they do what bragging rights will that give us.

Not a chance in hell the RFL would not include saints even if they didnt meet everyone of the conditions. The RFL are more bent than 100m champions wee sample.