Haughton back from Orrell?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Haughton back from Orrell?

Post by Welski »

The Grinch mentioned there might be a shout for it as injury cover, does anyone think this is likely?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
feed_the_lam

Re: Haughton back from Orrell?

Post by feed_the_lam »

Personally, I'm not sure whether its likely that we'll call up on haughton. Ive just read that youngster Chris Melling might be included if Wild doesnt recover for the Salford game. Think Greg's more likely to call up on the youngetrs before the likes of Haughton. My Dad goes watching orrell and says Haughton's been playing on the wing, think he's been doing OK there. Once upon a time he was class for Wigan when he played in the pack, I remember some barnstorming runs! He did make one appearance for us last year I think (or was it year before?) when Bradford beat us in the last minute. he didnt last long coz he went of with concussion.
I do think our back line needs beefing up a bit though! maybe we should slot him in for Carney?!!!!
mario

Re: Haughton back from Orr...

Post by mario »

cant see it myself, but would'nt mind. i'm sure he'd be fired up to impress given another chance! cant see why Wigan dont use orrel to support the salary cap. pay players the earth to play the odd game for orrel and next to nothing to play for Wigan. could suit both parties.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

houghton would fit very nicley into our squad just now hes fit un-injured knows the team and loves wigan as for the salary cap st helens have come up whith the best idea yet instead of having a maximum amount of money to spend why not make it a minimum amount of money to spend! if this idea had com from anywhere else i would say great but its a scouse idea and there will be some cheat in there somewhere
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

I agree, bring Simon back from Orrell. As someone said, hes being playing on the wing and so must still have his speed (its thos legs! :wink: :inlo:) I for one would Love to see Simon back in a Wigan shirt as the people who used this board years ago, will know, hey Mike!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Oh no, don't get Linzi going on about Simon's legs, we'll never hear the end of it! (Only joking Linzi! Welcome back).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

Hehe! I lost this site for a while but i came across it yesterday! :D Simons legs......... :inlo: :inlo:
Welski

Post by Welski »

I personally really enjoyed watching Simon play ..not for perhaps the same reasons as Linzi! He was a real line breaker which is just what the team needs right now.
Incidentally "Linzi" what has happened to your surname?!?!?! :)
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

Welski posted:Incidentally "Linzi" what has happened to your surname?!?!?! :)
My surname? What do you mean??
Welski

Post by Welski »

Didn't you used to be known as "Linzi_Haughton" in the old days? :eh:

I see that it has actually been mentioned in the news that SH might get recalled but not until Orrell have played against the "Bees" next week. Would be great to see him back, particularly as he has been playing on the wing.