Assalted Ref

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mikey-warriors

Assalted Ref

Post by mikey-warriors »

reading the leigh paper and i read that young warren turley brother of niel got assulted after calling a challenge cup game off between ince rose bridge and hunslet old boys after hunslet having 4 sent off and 1 sin binned.
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

turf

Re: Assalted Ref

Post by turf »

Oooooohhhh! Sounds like it was a very fiery game.

I know we all don't like referees but assaulting them is going way, way too far in my opinion.

I hope he is ok, and best wishes go out to him for a quick recovery.

I hope the hideous people that assaulted this referee are locked up and have the key thrown away!! :angry: :angry:

An absolutely despicable disgraceful and disgusting act!! :angry: :angry:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

turf posted:
I know we all don't like referees but assaulting them is going way, way too far in my opinion.
if it were ganson, assault wouldn't be enough!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

I wouldn't even wish assault on Ganson.

At the end of the day a referee should turn up, referee the game, and go home, in one piece.

No matter what League you referee in you shouldn't have to put up with the trauma of being assaulted.
turf

Post by turf »

Now refereeing is another job that is becoming unsafe to do without being assaulted or having objects thrown at you!! :angry: :angry:

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Never been a more vocal player than myself towards referees but I shook their hands at full time and shared a laugh/joke with them.
jammie

Post by jammie »

a so called group of hull fans (not wearing hull shirts)but dressed in all black, some with bald heads and some with baseball hats on, charged four rows of wire fans at the turnstiles waiting to get into the ground.and went on the rampage on the main road after the game with batons.thats according to the league express.if thats the case then a ban on away supporters for a number of games may be in order,or only supporters on offical hull rlfc coaches allowed into the ground,it's not the first time they have caused trouble is it.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

pieaddict

Post by pieaddict »

It a club is associated with trouble more that a one off will that effect a franchise desision. No room for trouble in the game
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieaddict posted:
It a club is associated with trouble more that a one off will that effect a franchise desision. No room for trouble in the game

Quite possibly, yes. One of the criteria is "compliance with the rules". Everyone's been assuming that mostly refers to salary cap infingements, but I think crowd trouble would certainly be taken into account.
We all know Hull & Wire fans are probably the worst two sets of fans in the league.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

This coupled with the debacle of the Hull - Hull KR fans last season. The RFL should introduce a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Hull should be on two strikes now and with one more they wont be granted a licence to the franchise.
There's no place for this neanderthal behaviour in our game. It needs to be nipped in the bud before it descends into the thuggery that is rife at football matches.