SS Bar

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mickh

SS Bar

Post by mickh »

Not a happy bunny!
Late to get to the bar before the match to give in my predictions league money, so I thought "go to the bar after the game".
Left my seat in the East Stand after the final whistle, queued to go down the steps, walked around to the bar entrance, lo and behold the doormen were stopping people going in because the bar was full, I can tell you there were a lot of verbals being used, (not by me, but I understood what people were not happy about) so by my reckoning, a lot of people were in there before the final whistle, loyal supporters?
As we were walking away other supporters were as disgusted as I was because they were held back in part of the East Stand to allow the Castleford supporters to leave the stadium, what was all that about?
Any way as I said not a happy bunny, I missed my pint, I missed my getting warm, but most of all missed getting my money on the preds league, sorry A to B, I'll get it to you, by post probably. :(
FROM A TO B

Re: SS Bar

Post by FROM A TO B »

You should have hung on, as once the verbals stopped, they let a few more in (after 10 mins or so).
I think the club needs to rethink the size of the facility, as may becoming a victim of their own success.
We got in and they said only 10 more after us! :(
no rush for the fiver, as you have until the Wakey match. Try again at Bradford perhaps?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
mickh

Post by mickh »

Okay Cokey AtoB, still didn't get a beer though :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

mickh posted:
Not a happy bunny!
Late to get to the bar before the match to give in my predictions league money, so I thought "go to the bar after the game".
Left my seat in the East Stand after the final whistle, queued to go down the steps, walked around to the bar entrance, lo and behold the doormen were stopping people going in because the bar was full, I can tell you there were a lot of verbals being used, (not by me, but I understood what people were not happy about) so by my reckoning, a lot of people were in there before the final whistle, loyal supporters?
As we were walking away other supporters were as disgusted as I was because they were held back in part of the East Stand to allow the Castleford supporters to leave the stadium, what was all that about?
Any way as I said not a happy bunny, I missed my pint, I missed my getting warm, but most of all missed getting my money on the preds league, sorry A to B, I'll get it to you, by post probably. :(
I sit in the East stand as well. Left my seat at the final whistle and went straight the the SS bar. To be honest we got in no problem and actually got a seat at a table which we hardly ever did last year. When we were in before the game we had to queue to get in and it was full, probably more than last year, so thought walk briskley at the final hooter to get in. Maybe you were just unlucky or we were lucky
pedro

Post by pedro »

We left the east and father and nephew were the last ones in. The doorman tiold me at leat 70 were there before the final whistle. My sister was one of the first in as she took my small niece down 5 mins before final whistle and she said it was better than most weeks. I think a major rush from the south stand killed us off on the east as they are out and in we have to walk round.

It has been increased in capacity this year too as they moved the screens and got more tables in. When I was eventually let in afetr the door man decided the queues had died down there was loads of room.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

My own opinion is that Len should buy what used to be the nightclub opposite the JJB and turn it into a Wigan RLFC musueum and supporters centre
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cpwigan posted:
My own opinion is that Len should buy what used to be the nightclub opposite the JJB and turn it into a Wigan RLFC musueum and supporters centre

woo rave on :lol:

seriously though, you just learn to get to the SS bar QUICKLY! it gets full every week quite quickly!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

pedro

Post by pedro »

easier said than done when the south stand filters into it
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Few of us discussed this. I think they should take out most of the large tables and replace them with those tall but small ones you see if these trendy coffee bars. somewhere to put your pint and free up a great deal of floor space.
Other options?
Give a ticket if you go in before the game so you are guaranteed entry after the match.
Use bigger facility (someone mentioned a new build under the East earlier in this thread).

Sitting at the front of the East and not prone to the "Wigan Walk", it's nigh on impossible to get out in time and can't see us getting in after the Bulls game :(
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
pedro

Post by pedro »

Agreed....the doorman says they are converting what was the gym under the east inot the bar. I also entioned opening the North stand after the game like Max's club and he said he will pass onto the bar manager. The amount of wiganers will not be that diff for the bulls game as if Cas would have brough a few it would have easily been 20k crowd.