Huddersfield game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Huddersfield game

Post by Fraggle »

Well if the radio commentary is to be believed it sounded awful. "Completely outplayed" was the summary by Dave Hadfield from the Independant, and that's not really what you expect to hear when we play Huddersfield. Bad passing, wayward kicking, no ideas and Gaz Hock lucky to stay on the pitch and may now pick up a ban from the disciplinary committee. Was it really that bad? If so, then you've got to start wondering about our prospects against Stains and the Wires. I'm not going to try arranging swapping my shift at work on CC Final day just yet...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !!

Re: Huddersfield game

Post by LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !! »

i cant belive thay lost is it just me or are wigan going down in the league?? what they playing at??
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

hey fraggle i know im a bit late but what radio station was it on as tried to find it on the net but could'nt ? :angry:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

southern warrrior posted:
hey fraggle i know im a bit late but what radio station was it on as tried to find it on the net but could'nt ? :angry:
BBC GMR is the best bet (95.1 / 104.5FM), they seem to cover most Wigan games. They have some stuff online occasionally http://www.bbc.co.uk/england/gmr/ but I've just tried the link now and they're still at the start of the Man City match from 2 o'clock this afternoon! The BBC do have score updates every 2-3 minutes at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... efault.stm but otherwise matchday reports are a bit limited. SportingLife used to do minute-by-minute updates but they've not bothered this year unfortunately.

Of course, depending how far south you are the live commentary on GMR won't help you too much!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]

there talking about wigan now on 95.1

they were just saying that wigan are a world wide known club but now they are reading txt messages from smart saints fans and evrything
Sharpy_4a

Post by Sharpy_4a »

i have just got back in from the game. And to be honest i cant think of one positive from that performance except andy farrell has been outstanding. However he cant do it all by himself.

When we signed danny orr i was really excited because of the amount of times he has killed us for Cas. It just seems to me that this wigan team cant play with a real stand off. Look back over the last few seasons how bad our number 6 has been matty johns, julian o'neil and now danny orr. It cant be that they turn into bad players when they pull a wigan jersey on because for other teams they play really well.

Also i would like to comment on the stick luke robinson is getting from certain sections of our fans.

Without a runner the lad cant do much and he hasnt had one runner today.

What have we been doing in the off season? We have gone backwards because this same coach and team where amazing in the latter part of the season last year.

It isnt 1992 any more we cant just turn up to games and expect to win, because thats how it looked today to be honest. We have no devine right to win games! Its just a good job we can defend or hudersfield would have had 40.

Sorry about the moan but we were poor today and i cant see us beating warrington. unless something drastic happens in the next few games.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I've just got back too, totally agree we were rubbish. No link-up play whatsoever. I didn't think Andy Farrell stood out either.

I'm sick of hearing the stick Luke Robinson gets too. He's one of the youngest lads on the park and he tries so hard, but as you say with no runner either side he is forced to stand there like an idiot staring at three 6 foot brick out-houses.

It wasn't just Lukey that had no runners today either: Faz; O'Conner and; C.Smith all looked to try and offload but had no options. Newton was also very disappointing because he has stood out this season for me so far. Does anyone know if he took a bang?

I usually have a rant at the ref, so today I'm not going to change. Does anyone know what planet Ganson is from? From not giving us a penalty when Brown was tackled, tried to play the ball and then tackled again, to waving the tackle count in the very last second when we didn't even touch the ball (unless my eyes deceived me).

I was listening to GMR on the way home too and it was so annoying to hear Saints and Warrington fans ringing in to say that moaning Wigan fans need to shut up. I hadn't heard any Wigan fans making excuses, everyone who saw the game will admit we were (something that rhymes with 'admit').

Gregory was also on GMR and said it was the worst we've played since he took over. Can't argue!
Sharpy_4a

Post by Sharpy_4a »

the worrying thing about what greg said on the radio was that lammy will be back for the final. Which worries me a lot because we are doing it again and looking past warrington. Its all well and good him being fit for final day but he may just be watching it on the sofa with a beer in hand.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ive been ill for the last two weeks because of how much I do shout and sing at matches and im planning on doin as much croakin as i can today in huddersfield, so try sitting/standing with the wigan fans and then you can have a go at us
Wear you wearing a home shirt with

PIE EATER

on the back? cos there was someone in front of me with that shirt that was shouting her head off all game.